R.I.P. J.D. Salinger

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the only reason i know who that is is because i read conspiracy books. catcher is used as a control in a few of them.

do you know why they claim that they use Catcher as a control? It pretty ironic in some ways.

The kid in the book hates authority. He gets kicked out of school and does his own thing for a few days, swears, drinks, tries to do a hooker. So the ironic part is that The Man uses this book that is all about raging against the machine as it where. That's my take on it anyway. It's a damn good book at any rate. It is to bad he didn't write any other novels.

Not much of a book reader, which is a character flaw, I'm certain. I have a thousand books I'd love to read but I just don't have the attention span or patience to do so.

:rip_1:

Good that he lived a nice, long life.

Not much of a book reader, which is a character flaw, I'm certain. I have a thousand books I'd love to read but I just don't have the attention span or patience to do so.

I read 1 novel every three months. I only read in the bathroom...so i get about 5-6 pages a dump.

I read 2 books a month on average, three of four from time to time even. I love me some reading. Lately it's been a lot of military non fiction. Mainly OIF/OEF and Vietnam stuff.

The kid in the book hates authority. He gets kicked out of school and does his own thing for a few days, swears, drinks, tries to do a hooker. So the ironic part is that The Man uses this book that is all about raging against the machine as it where. That's my take on it anyway. It's a damn good book at any rate. It is to bad he didn't write any other novels.

Actually he wrote quite a few other novels, I have 3 of them. They're nothing like CITR though.

He lived up here. Apprently locals knew where he lived but would not reveal his location to tourists or autograph seekers. I think that is pretty cool. Of course, that is the NH way...MYOMFB lol

Back