Recharge your akaline batteries

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

prob safe, but its def not a set it and forget it kinda thing

overcharging leads to acid leak or explosion and cock warts...

I would do it if I was in a pinch and the batteries were NOT going into an expensive electronic device...

Recharging batteries is a good thing, but I am more concerned about the bag of "Princess" fruit snacks and this "Smurf dildo" he refers to.

Quoted post[/post]]
No? I'm no chemistry major, but an alkaline battery produces power through a chemical reaction.. I dont think you can recharge them safely.

Almost ALL batteries work through a "wet" chemical reaction, not just alkalines. You can theoretically recharge ANY battery, but you have to make sure that you run the charge current correctly to not build up any weird crystal formations inside the cells, and be sure that you don't overcharge the battery.

i have been sellin batteries for over 2 yrs now and recharging alks is not a good idea. yes it can be done but the process is no where near worth it. the risks you have to exploding the bat just isnt worth getting another 10 min out of a pos .29 cent battery. and for the record there is no wet acid or anuyting like that in a normal primary cell. they are alot like the optima where its just wraped around its self and shoved in a can. nimh recharge are the way to go for every day thngs like cameras/camcorders/phones bs like that nicd are good for drill packs camcorders solar lights. alks are good for basic stuff like remotes clocks and if you have a prob with the price of batteries to the point where you want to recharge an alk buy cheaper bulk ones generally they are all the same.

consumers should start demanding li poly(lithium ploymer) smaller lighter and more compacity than a li ion. fuck trying to fuck with old tech. make the companys have the better more avaible

I don't understand why people just don't buy rechargables...I spent like 30 bucks for like 8-12 rechargables, and I don't have to worry about batteries for a LONG time.

Back