Removing tint

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Do you guys have any tips or tricks? I need to get the tint off my rear window. The defroster over time has made it bubble up which makes it hard to see out the back, I'd like to just remove it from that part, if not the entire window.

Does the grab a hairdryer, warm it up, find a corner and start pulling work?

You gotta be careful pulling it off, so you don't mess up your defroster or internal antenna wires. As far as the tips or tricks to get it to come off easier, I'm not really sure. :(

95 bucks.......... leave it to the pro's?

got glass coverage???

single-brick.jpg

Brake clean.

Seriously. Thats how I've always done it at dealerships on used cars. Pays 2 hours to remove tint from 5 windows, takes me about 10 minutes with a razor blade and a can of brake clean. Takes a certain finesse, but you'll get the hang of it.

go to walmart and buy a cheap steamer.
steam it.
comes off easy as butter.

dont waste time with harsh shit thats going to bleach your interior or damage it.

steam.

Brake clean.

Seriously. Thats how I've always done it at dealerships on used cars. Pays 2 hours to remove tint from 5 windows, takes me about 10 minutes with a razor blade and a can of brake clean. Takes a certain finesse, but you'll get the hang of it.
I was gonna say carb cleaner, but it's the same stuff. If it's bubbling up it shouldn't be too hard to get the film off. Then get a rag and said cleaner and the adhesive comes off way too easy.

I used to work at a window tinting shop and the easiest way they did it as to spray the window with soapy water and stick a big black trash bag on the window using the water to stick on it. Then leave the car outside in the sun and turn the heater inside on. It makes it so its a lot easier to take off

I used to work at a window tinting shop and the easiest way they did it as to spray the window with soapy water and stick a big black trash bag on the window using the water to stick on it. Then leave the car outside in the sun and turn the heater inside on. It makes it so its a lot easier to take off

so... essentially, they steamed the windows?
just too cheap to buy an actual steamer?
yeah..... lol

Back