repainting some rsx base wheels

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

They look good, stop being so anal. They are going to get scratched up, dinged, etc.

I'd like to paint my HX's white, but I get the feeling the curbing on them would be a little more difficult to fix because they have a small lip.

I don't think you came out and said what kind of paint you used. Was it also duplicolor?

clear coat looks a little splotchy. will probably be more shiny in some areas.

but overall not bad. id let them dry for at least a week before mounting anything.

It's just the reflection that's giving it that look. It'll all be uniform. This isn't a buffed out car flat paint job, its wheels. They're never going to look perfect up close.

The paint is duplicolor. It's the Graphite rattlecan made by duplicolor.

Chris, yes, I'm mounting the tires today. I'm going to go ahead and do it myself, becuase no shop around here can promise me that they're not going to fuck up the wheels.

Looked at them this atfernoon and realized the clear turned green-yellow.

Said fuck it, brought them to pep boys, got tires popped on, and they scraped the fuck out of them. :( Oh well.

222844_1836666276917_1248272343_31886511_830023_n.jpg

next time instead of wasting 3 and a half weeks with meh results... just get them powder coated and call it a day

Pep Boys fucks everything up. ill never get work done there. they changed the head gasket on my dads grand prix. my dad made it a point to tell them to change the oil so they could flush the radiator fluid out of the oil. They didnt, and it foamed up in the oil and killed the motor. fail. never again.

you go to the one in white marsh? ive gone there numerous times and theyve never messed any of my wheels up. even ones ive painted myself.

probably should have let them dry longer.

So, PepBoys not only scratched them, but they fucked up a TPMS sensor. I'm at a Honda dealership in the waiting room. It's going to cost me $120, because they "had to hook it up to the computer" which is bullshit. Plus side is that I had an extra TPMS sensor, so I didn't have to pay $68 to buy one at the dealership.

PepBoys will never get any of my business ever again.

:werd: Id have at least gone to a dedicated tire shop.

Back