Replacing gaskets...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94RedSiGal

Okay so yesterday, among other springtime projects, I replaced the rubber gasket that goes under the valve cover. I noticed that the old one had some sort of white putty in spots on it. So I made a comment to Airjockie and he said it was silicone... but that it wasn't necessary. So this morning, I am thumbing through my Helms for my integra, and it says to put on liquid gasket on the bends of the gasket. So... do I have to redo this job ASAP? :unsure:

No it will be fine. I didn't put any on mine the past few times I did a swap and it never leaked. If it makes you feel better you can but I wouldn't bother.

(It also says to replace the transmission mounting bolts after you remove them too and my transmission is still on ;) )

I would re do it, they last forever when you do it. Just put it in the corners, it does not take that much time, and it is more like preventative maintanence.

All rightie then... I'll keep an eye on it for now. I might redo it later in the spring after I finish my roadtrip to Texas...

it won't take that long, do it whenever you have an extra 15-20 minutes or something.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Mar 25 2004, 09:39 PM
hondabond works great and yeah I did it to both sides

:werd:
i use teh hondabond

Back