Right Hand Conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CrazyDevilDog7

I have a 92 civic hb, and i have been lookinginto buying a jdm b18c1, i found a place that sales the whole front clip. can i (using that clip) convert my civic to right hand? if so how hard is it? and what would i need? or is there an easier way? all info is appreciated. thanx

Honestly it will be a lot of work to convert to right hand drive, and in my opinion RHD sucks ass, it is only cool when the car is in japan or England... if i were you i would sell all the RHD stuff on ebay title it as JDM (which it probably is) and charge a butt load for it all, believe me call it JDM and every ricer in the world is after it. Then use the money you made off all that shit and buy some nice suspension or some good performace mods for the new motor...
Good Luck man...

Originally posted by Prowler@Feb 17 2003, 05:12 PM
RHD in USA is only good if you're a mailman.

:werd:
whats the fucking point?????????????

shifting with your left hand would blow, if you want a RHD, buy a true Japanese car, not some Honda Civic 4 door DX with RHD...and I would SOO rock a mailtruck, they had one for sale, along with a special ed bus..I was seriously thinking about buying the bus, it was red and white and had the little stops signs on it and only 4k!

but instead you chose a purple 4 door civic with a slush box :ghey:

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Feb 17 2003, 11:12 PM-->
@Feb 17 2003, 05:12 PM

Philip @ Intercrew just bought himself a perfect RHD EG Hatch SiR- the only thing wrong with it is that it has some scratches on the front and rear bumper. It's niiiiiiiice. I'll post pics of it later.

buying a RHD drive car (aka skyline) and converting your civic into a rhd are night and day.

21312312,009 dollars later, you have a car that is a bitch to drive, gets your harrased up the ass from cops, and gets bid on at post office auto shows

Originally posted by Calesta+Feb 18 2003, 02:30 AM-->
Originally posted by E_SolSi@Feb 17 2003, 11:12 PM
Prowler
@Feb 17 2003, 05:12 PM

Philip @ Intercrew just bought himself a perfect RHD EG Hatch SiR- the only thing wrong with it is that it has some scratches on the front and rear bumper. It's niiiiiiiice. I'll post pics of it later.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I wanna see :D

I want a jdm hatch, just to see what RHD is like and to try and get use to it. The only thing is, when i shift, i want 1-2 right next to me and a jdm car has it way over there like 5th gear. Probably wouldn't feel right, but would be nice to have.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Feb 17 2003, 11:48 AM
Honestly it will be a lot of work to convert to right hand drive, and in my opinion RHD sucks ass, it is only cool when the car is in japan or England... if i were you i would sell all the RHD stuff on ebay title it as JDM (which it probably is) and charge a butt load for it all, believe me call it JDM and every ricer in the world is after it. Then use the money you made off all that shit and buy some nice suspension or some good performace mods for the new motor...
Good Luck man...

I agree, the whole RHD shit would be sic... but the work, time, and all the other fun loving shit would suck ass. i can see having RHD on a Skyline or Sylvia... But not a hatch. it would be a show getter, but dude think about how shitty it would be having to get use to drivin that shit! If you are wanting to do somethig cool and interesting (or whatever it is you are wanting to do), Spoon it, or go 100% JDM i mean damn dude their is so much other shit you could do for that much money and time. But hell, its your car do what u want, thats just my opinion...

Originally posted by CrazyDevilDog7@Feb 17 2003, 11:27 AM
I have a 92 civic hb, and i have been lookinginto buying a jdm b18c1, i found a place that sales the whole front clip. can i (using that clip) convert my civic to right hand? if so how hard is it? and what would i need? or is there an easier way? all info is appreciated. thanx

Dude... it's a Honda, i'm not dissing hondas because i drive one. But what is the point, awsome choice on the motor, but no No NO! on the right hand drive, it would be phat but... umm... NO! but if you do end up pulling it off i wanna see a picture.
(Bottle Fed Since Birth) <_<

Interesting and different doesnt mean going spoon or JDM. Everyone one and their momma's mom is a JDM whore. Just do what you see fit.

RHD conversions are a pain in the ass.. You need a complete front clip (including all dash, wiring harness, etc.) + JDM door panels, then make your firewall do a "mirror" effeect. Brake booster on the other side, jdm steering rack, all the shit that was once on the left side, now goes to the right. Have to cover the hole in the firewall on the now passenger side and then cut a new one into the now drivers side.. IMO, to much bullshit.

Pay the 7-8k for a JDM car. (~2300USD for complete jdm car (i was quoted that), then shipping, customs, government shit you are around 7-8k or more)

I say if you have the time and $, then go for it! Being different is a good thing. If it's professionally done and the motor's a killer, you'll get use to the RHD in no time, otherwise everyone and their mommas in Europe and Japan would want a LHD. Who gives a shit what everyone else thinks. I wouldn't mind having one myself. You'll never know how hard or easy it is until you tried it on your own. It might turn out better than you thought if you put a plan together. Good luck!!! BTW, that's why it's call a hobby.

it cannot be done if your do not have a shop a a year to do it you need to rip the front half of the car out a mount in the jdm clip parts ie the ac/ heat system needs to be swithced over the entire stering system the entire brake system the perdals the dash the consoul rewire the whole car becuase you need to put the blower where the old fuse panel sat DONT DO IT just throw in the motor ans sell of the rest of the clip

I've thought about turning my hatch RHD, then I drove a RHD. My friends has a 180SX that is RHD. It sucks. When I drive, first and second are my best gears, and I like having the pulling motion like, you pull the shifter toward your hip. As in RHD you have to push it away from you. It looks good, but it's just not worth it.

umm no you dont. a shifter on a lhd car is identical motion to a rhd

1 3 5
2 4 6

all the time. reverese is different depending on the car

That's what I'm sayin, I probably didn't explain myself to you, in LHD, the first and second are closest to you, as in RHD they are the farthest. See what I mean?

thanx everyone for your advice, i ve decided to keep it lhd. I dont have to much time in my hand to take on such a big task. but the JDM B18C is going in Ill let everyone know how it ends up. thanx again everyone.

Back