RSX transmission in '02 SI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wk_runner02

My friend blew third completely out of his '02 SI. He just bought a RSX-S six speed. What all will we need to do this swap?

I don't think you should really have to do anything, isn't it a straight bolt-up?

That is what i heard,.. but i wasn't 100% sure. I think were gonna do the swap next weekend, I'll post on here and let ya'll know for sure. Might get pictures, if i can find my camera...

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's a straight bolt-on, although I'm not sure about the shifter and the linkage. You might need to use the RSX parts since you're swapping to a 6-speed.

Hold on, I'll try and find out...

The guy that he talked to said that the linkages wouldn't be a problem. That was one of my main concerns. According to him, it used a cable style linkage.

The guy that he talked to said that the linkages wouldn't be a problem. That was one of my main concerns. According to him, it used a cable style linkage.

Ah, good deal. That was the only thing I could think of that might be a problem. You should be good to go then.

Okay, another question the guy keeps bugging me about.

What kind of transmission fluid will he need? Where also gonna do polyeurathane, *sp, motor mounts, stage 2 clutch, and i think he is getting a light weight flywheel.

But any help you can give me would be appreciated.

you might have an issue with the reverse lock out which I know is on the rsx and the new si tranny both 6 spd
If you dont have controls for the solenoid you might be up poopoo creek uless of course the 5 spd does in fact have the reverse lockout feature don't remember
;););););)

sorry i haven't updated ya'll in a while. We got it finished saturday. It took almost a week to do. Everybody that we talked to around my small town all told us that the transmission would come out the top. ... There is not a way that the trans will come out the top, if you keep the motor in it. Finally we broke down and dropped the subframe. That and we had a clutch issue. He ordered a stage 2 clutch, and the clutch wouldn't fit his stock flywheel so we had to wait about five days for him to order the correct flywheel. We didn't have any problems with linkages or anything. He can go into reverse, but he said you have to push it over really hard.

attachment2-1.jpg

yup thats its.. It was like that for a few days, that was when we found out his clutch didn't fit the flywheel.

We have one of the cradle things, can't think of what its called right now, on the way. Never thought that we would need one.

Back