RWD del sol Lives

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by asmallsol@Sep 13 2004, 10:35 PM
Do you know anything about physics what so ever? A car handles the best with the most of its mass over its center of mass. That is why F1 cars have the engine in a MR configuration. H22's handle like shit in civics because the it puts more mass forward in the car.
[post=389982]Quoted post[/post]​

depends on where the driven wheels are. if you were to make a mid-engine fwd car, it would handle like shit. but for a rwd car, mid-engine is a good setup if balanced.

dude, some of you guys are a bunch of fucking idiots...i've been following cody's project on honda-tech and trust me...1st, it wasnt a huge waste of money, because this guys did all that work himself, all he had to get was the motor...2nd, i want to see any of you guys drop a prelude motor into the back of your sol and have it handle like a dream the first time you drive it...3rd, he isnt fucking tarzan yamada, or whatever that drift kings name is...this aint no drift car, its fucking sol...yah, he's going to track it, but i'm sure he'll figure out how to correct the understeer, can someone say LSD? i'm sure thats gonna be 1st on cody's list.

I'd love to see the look on some mustang driver's face... Mustang lights up the rears... sol lights up the rears... :eek:

Originally posted by mattcalica@Sep 14 2004, 02:24 AM
it wasnt a huge waste of money, because this guys did all that work himself
[post=390048]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, they say time is money . . .

i still think it's pretty fucking cool! i wish i had 1/2 the skill and knowledge that guy has on fabrication

no, making a supra into fwd would be pointless...rwd>fwd in every category. dude, think about it, he was doin (or at least trying! hehe) donuts with a del sol! now i know most people on this board rather have oversteer, rather than understeer...for those mad jdm driftos! haha...and plus, when innovators like cody start doing crazy shit like this, it just keeps the honda scene going, because without the innovators, we would all have gsr swapped eg's with spoon cf lips and rota slipstream wheels...it makes things just different.

Yea it's a cool idea and all, but that looks a little disappointing.

I don't think the wheelbase is too short, I think its because the much added weight in the back.

I always wanted a RWD civic hatch or AWD. I'll actaully do it, but keep it Front engined, I'm hoping it would be like a stock RWD car though. Even if I had to use a CRV trans with the shitty AWD system it would be better than what that appears to be.

There's an AWD civic in Japan, but it was designed for mountain driving I hear. The Honda Civic Ferio.

while we're on the off-topic of awd's, i want a bone-stock old-school USDM awd civic wagon. maybe with a turbo.

those are uber-fuckin-pimp.

There was an AWD ZC powered Integra up until the late 90's, also.

i got some vid of it today at that trackevent i was talkin about earlier. he deffinatly did some pretty cool fabircation, but not my cup of tea.

i didnt get a chance to talk with him too much tho. ill have the vids up sometime maybe.

Originally posted by 98integrals@Sep 25 2004, 08:39 PM
i got some vid of it today at that trackevent i was talkin about earlier. he deffinatly did some pretty cool fabircation, but not my cup of tea.

i didnt get a chance to talk with him too much tho. ill have the vids up sometime maybe.
[post=394687]Quoted post[/post]​

Cool, thanks jack. How did he do?

that sol is pretty cool, even though he couldn't do donuts that good, it's still fucking cool :burnout:

Back