s10???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I gotcha there, but I just hated the gauges, and the door panels. I was gonna do an aluminum dash if I got around to it, but I didn't. I'll prolly end up getting one sometime down the road.

i hate the gauges too. I wanted to mold a nicer trim peice and see if i could buy aftermarket digital ones. Something that flows better instead of having a box filled with yellowish gauges:huh:

let's see, im going to get this truck later and ill post more pics up then so you can see what i have to work with a little better...

and taco that box is nice i want one but dont have the time/ patience to make one...

those w7 are fuckin nasty...i cant imagine bumping 2 of them on the 1000w amp

let's see, im going to get this truck later and ill post more pics up then so you can see what i have to work with a little better...

and taco that box is nice i want one but dont have the time/ patience to make one...

Its just a ported boc with longer ends if you go with 2 10's or even 12's. Anything bigger than 14'' you have to do the slant style.

unless you get a similar setup your box wont be that tall.

Injen: it is a nasty sub. If i can get my other 1000/1 that i sold back i just might install another sub. Its good to know audio shop owners :)

i have a box for 2-15's that fits in there pretty decently. anybody like 15's? and what are the best? kicker has always been my favorite, but what do you guys think?

oh, and there was a huge gas leak on this thing so we took the bed off tonight and there it was a huge hole in one of those rubber hoses on the top of the gas tank, ill hopefully have that fixed tomorrow or the next day then it'll be runnin, and ill buy the new passenger window and it'll be on the street :thumbsup:

ok what i would do is this 350 and a 350 turbo tans with shift kit and if your wanting to get by doing it cheap you can use a 4.3 radiator just put electric fans trust me i have a 98 s10 with a 383 stroker engine if you have any ? hit me back the swap is easy and fun.

ok what i would do is this 350 and a 350 turbo tans with shift kit and if your wanting to get by doing it cheap you can use a 4.3 radiator just put electric fans trust me i have a 98 s10 with a 383 stroker engine if you have any ? hit me back the swap is easy and fun.

350's are very common. So common that juyst like in the HOnda world many companies offer swap kists for the 350.

I want a 383 fuel injected but dont any money. :(

OP: good luck on the gas leak let me know how hard it was to take the bed off. I might have to take it off soon too.:eek:

it was 6 bolts on the bottom and 3 on the filler neck on mine and me and my dad lifted it off, it wasnt that bad, just have some long extensions, the right socket, mine was a 15mm for some reason my whole truck is metric, and i had a steel pipe so i didnt have to work so hard...

heres a pic of the hole that caused the gas leak:

CIMG0776.jpg

CIMG0777.jpg

and more pics of the truck:

CIMG0772.jpg

CIMG0773.jpg

CIMG0774.jpg

CIMG0775.jpg

hope to have it fixed this week... let me know what you think...

i have a box for 2-15's that fits in there pretty decently. anybody like 15's? and what are the best? kicker has always been my favorite, but what do you guys think?

what kind of music do you listen too? I personally dont use them. I have in the past back in high school in my grand cherokee. My old school punch speakers pounded on 1500watts.

I'm more picky about sound quality which is why i'm a big fan of 8,s 10's

of course i love my 13w7 the best.

Use what you got and see if you like it. I dont think there is enough for 2 15's though. post pics!1!

wash that thing man!! :lol:

also while the bed is off you might want to grind down the rust,wipe down with ospho and sparay on undercoating.

i dont have a hose to wash it where it sits now lol and im gonna try to get a pressure washer to spray that frame and everything off once its runnin ill definitely wash it though and im gonna replace all those hoses i dont wanna take the bed off again lol

$5 Says once you put the hoses back on the sending unit will crack. It's a PITA for any fuel lines. I had to drop the tank of mine 3 or 4 times. In review, taking the bed off would have been easier.

oh, if that happens ill be pissed... lol thanks dick. no but if somethin goes wrong after that happens ill check the sending unit. thanks for that in advance.

Back