s10???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah the rust sucks.. but im thinkin about keepin the body the way it is for now... then turnin it into a sleeper with a mild static drop 2/3 3/4? somethin like that

dont have the money to body drop it. lol bags are really pushin it with my money anyway lol... and i found i nitrous kit for tbi for $602 from Jeg's. i think that would be awesome, what else should i do? pistons and rods cams and intake manifold?

If your going to keep the 4.3 (which obviously your set on and somewhat understandably so) at LEAST ditch the TBI. Seriously, I've had it, Ive hated it. Its worthless and doesnt flow for crap. If you're going to spray it just get a universal kit and adapt it to fit your app. You could save even more money by buying a used kit. Why spend 600 when you could easily get the same performance for half that and put the money towards other things.

Last edited:
Hahaha not chicken just too cheap. and you know Ive been trying to get to the track for the last several weeks but its just keeps raining.

i wanted to get rid of the tbi anyway... i wanted to switch it to carb. with an eldelbrock intake and holley carb... any cfm suggestion?

i figured that big of a carb on a pretty much stock v6 would be overkill? and what all would i need to convert it?

well i want to but i just wanted a mild cam/ carb/ intake at first... then maybe pistons and rods and set it up for nitrous? what would be the best setup for everything???

The best setup would be lots of compression, a sizable cam, clean up the heads, HEI with fair internals, all the spray you can throw at it, 500-600 CFM carb and any cheap intake manifold you can find (at 600 CFM there arent too many manifolds that will hinder you lol). While you have the pistons out you could junkyard some SBC rods, machine and shotpeen em them throw em. Thats about your best your bet without an expensive MPFI setup or a bunch of custom stuff.

EDIT: Aside from goin turbo, of course.

Last edited:
Nice.

On a semi related note, Im lookin at a 88 single cab short box with a 327 tommorow. If the swap isnt hashed and the motor passes a compression test I may have it within a week.

here's my temporary(i hope) exhaust... it leaks like an sob but its better than straight piped, the reason i dont have the stock one on is because the hangers werent holdin it up so i just ripped it off

1016091822.jpg

Back