School Advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I worked all through college and still had to take loans. It made my remaining balance at the end less but it did take me 6 years to get a BS degree because I wanted to be able to pay for some things on my own. Not sure I could say whether I would have preferred one way over the other. It did take me a long time to get through school; but when I graduated I already had 4 years experience over my peers from working in the field already.

I worked all through college and still had to take loans. It made my remaining balance at the end less but it did take me 6 years to get a BS degree because I wanted to be able to pay for some things on my own. Not sure I could say whether I would have preferred one way over the other. It did take me a long time to get through school; but when I graduated I already had 4 years experience over my peers from working in the field already.

I'll be right around six years as well. Mainly because I wasn't full time for the first two years or so. I regret that heavily, but I can't really do anything about it now.

I can't apply for UW until Spring quarter 2012. Sucks, but I'm still going to apply there. It is leaps and bounds ahead of University of Idaho in the engineering department.

For some reason I thought it was far more expensive. People over on this side of the state have thrown around some really wild numbers - $40k/yr etc. so I never really looked into it- glad I did.

It makes sense, and I'm sure just paying for food will put a nice drain on my savings over the course of 9 months. lol

I'm definitely very excited to get started at a university. I think I've chosen a field I'll be able to enjoy, which is all that matters to me. Oh, and I'm sure the pay wont be all that bad either ;)
That 40K/year is probably the COA (Cost of Attendance). COA figures in tuition, living expenses, books, fees, travel, and misc expenses.

That 40K/year is probably the COA (Cost of Attendance). COA figures in tuition, living expenses, books, fees, travel, and misc expenses.

The COA is approximately $20k/yr. That's what I thought at first too. This seems like the way to go. I just have to hope and pray that I get in.

take the success route and go to the most expensive school and try and bed the most expensive looking girl, so you can land a job at her dads company and retire very young

and i'm being 100% serious
find your sugar mama now, cause your looks aren't going to be getting any better

Good luck!
Thanks mang :thumbsup:
take the success route and go to the most expensive school and try and bed the most expensive looking girl, so you can land a job at her dads company and retire very young

and i'm being 100% serious
find your sugar mama now, cause your looks aren't going to be getting any better
lmfao! I like your thinking, I'll start with Seattle.

Take a year off.

If year 2 is 5k vs 25k, move now, flip burgers and get a low budget place, and re-apply when you qualify for in-state tuition.

I'd also avoid any school that is weird, like quarters? who does that?

Take a year off.

If year 2 is 5k vs 25k, move now, flip burgers and get a low budget place, and re-apply when you qualify for in-state tuition.

I'd also avoid any school that is weird, like quarters? who does that?

A bunch of our state schools are quarters. And he is in state for Washington I believe.

Some schools around here are still on the quarter system as well. I wouldn't avoid it for that reason.

I'm not a fan of taking any time off school, you lose the momentum.

And I would also avoid taking any "schooling" advice from B. LOL

Back