Seats

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thinking of getting new seats for my hb. I want Something like a Sparco Rev or Evo(race type seat with no reclining adjustment) ... but was wondering if this style works with regular seatbelts. It looks like the side bolsters are too high to use stock seatbelts. Does anybody run this style seat and can give me some advice? thanks

I am not certain about this but I am pretty sure that you have to unbolt your seat belt and lace it through the holes in the seat. Only problem I would see is the latch point.

I have shogun racing seats and those sides aren't as high as the sparco ones and I had to run 4pt harnesses. I recommend getting them I think they are more comfortable then regular seat belts and people are facinated by them :D :D

If you have harnesses what do you do about the seatbelt? If it just hangs there i think it would be kinda ugly! Also wont you have a light on your dash telling you to put on your seatbelt all the time? If this is the case how do you get rid of that annoying ass light?

its easy to get rid of that annoying ass light, Just go under your seat and unplug the connector. And yes factory seat belts suck with non-reclining seats. I would get 4pts.

I would disagree if your every going to race with them. 4pt harnesses are only good if you have a roll bar. If not, during a role over accident, the roof will colapse right on you and you will be trapped, possibly braking your neck. However with normal seat belts, they are designed to make you lean over or pushed out of the way during a role over accident.

Originally posted by civicspeed@Mar 19 2003, 07:19 PM
If you have harnesses what do you do about the seatbelt? If it just hangs there i think it would be kinda ugly! Also wont you have a light on your dash telling you to put on your seatbelt all the time? If this is the case how do you get rid of that annoying ass light?

To get rid of you seatbelt its very simple. I think like a total of 2 bolts that are 14mm I think and remove those. One on the top one on the bottome. YOu have to remove the interior linning inside the car around the hatch area and the door skills and the upper pillar linning. It simply pops out. You might have to replace the clips but are like $2.00 at a local parts store. What year is your hatchback?

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 19 2003, 09:22 PM
I would disagree if your every going to race with them. 4pt harnesses are only good if you have a roll bar. If not, during a role over accident, the roof will colapse right on you and you will be trapped, possibly braking your neck. However with normal seat belts, they are designed to make you lean over or pushed out of the way during a role over accident.

exactly

harness without rollover protection = broken neck

Back