Share your first car (post pics!)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My turn!!

I know the sticker's kinda gay.... but it was cool at first until it started peeling...

Anyway, this is my first car (that's actually under my name).

It's an 89 Honda CRX DX, just for those of you who haven't read my sad thread on how this POS keeps breakin' down.

But, I've also driven/ borrowed: '92 Honda Accord (first car to drive in that was kinda mine), '91 Plymouth Sundance, 95' Honda Civic EX, and '04 Saturn L300. I've borrowed all these cars as if they were my own lol.

Famous Potatoes !

Here is what I would type, were I to misunderstand this thread as everything else:

16 2nd gen Celicas (78-81)
12 2nd gen Supras
2 3rd gen Supras
2 CRXs (One I still have)
2 1973 Firebird Formulas
2 91 NX2000s

Those are my multiples. Now, without line spacing, the rest of the cars I can remember owning. I'll start with those that I actually drove around.

82 200SX, 82 280Z 2+2, 1986 Celica, 1984 Celica, 91 Nissan Micra, 78 Ford Fairmont, 1981 Camaro Z28, 91 Civic hatch, 87 4Runner, 86 Toy truck, 82 Tercel, 91 Tercel, 88 Corolla wagon, 91 Loyale wagon, 86 Brat, 89 MR2 SC, 87 200SX, 84 200SX, 67 Lincoln Cont., 42 Dodge Powerwagon, 86 Caravan, 84 Vette, 76 Vega , 84 Peugeot, 84 Cutlass, 76 Celica, 85 S10, 87 Jaguar XJ6, 77 Jeep mailtruck, 89 Pontiac TGP, 89 Subaru RX4,

2007 250EX Ninja, 2001 ZX12R Ninja, 1986 600GPZ Ninja, The xB, Yaris and Vespa are my mothers / girlfriends cars now.

That's about all I can remember.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot my 71 SuperBeetle. That piece.

Last edited:
i was bored, so w/e

im actually thinking right now of importing a jdm lancer evo 4, if any of you have experience in that type of transaction, is it smooth, worth it?

not smooth, not worth it. cheaper and easier in the long run to put an evo4 kit onto a 97-02 mitsu mirage sedan, and swap in the evo 4g63t and AWDrivetrain.

Or...buy a JDM Evo4, 97-01 Mirage 4-door, and swap VIN plates. :ph34r:

Except shortening the frame and welding the rear doors shut.

Or get yourself a nice big family, and plow them into a tree at 100 mph.

bump for new additions :D

1) 94 z24 cavalier rear-ended and totaled
2) 94 del sol gsr turbo pit
3) 93 240sx slammed on silkraods
4) 92 EG gsr gutted
5) 05 STi stock
6) 04 M3 mostly stock
7) 99 2.5RS winter beater
7.5) 95 neon acr (co-owned with mike/bill) caged, ful scca car, never did much with it
8) 00 Dakota daily/winter/work truck
9) 10 Genesis toy

Hmm... I'll have to dig up some pics of those prior...

88 Ford Ranger- Brown, 5 speed, 4 banger. Learned to drive stick at 13 on back country roads with my dad. Clutch fried, tranny was fucked, became soup cans very soon after I learned to drive it.

90? Ford Ranger- gay blue green. 5 speed. 4 cylinder, 2 spark plugs/cylinder for uber combustion or some shit. Slave cylinder went out. Didn't know enough to fuck around with it. Suffered the same fate as the 88.

88 Pontiac Sunbird convertible- This was the first car I owned while I had my license. Man this thing was a piece. Overheated cause of a bad water pump, I raped the fuck out of it. Of course it was a 3 speed auto. I felt like a crook when I got $200 in trade for:

91 BMW 318i- Power everything, except a manual crank sunroof. Good leather, no cracks in the dash. This is the one that got away. It was damn clean minus a hole in the door. Paid 1400 for it and put about the same into it. Then I traded it like a dumb fuck for:

91 Chevy S-10- The Punta Wagon. Bagged. Rotten, sagging bed. Wired like shit, horribly finished. Flat black. Chain link steering wheel, B&M shifter. Totally trashed out and I loved it. Had the iron horse 2.8L with a 5 speed. Had some torque for a tiny 6 popper.

Well that thing ran for 2 months/year. So I needed something to drive inbetween.

91 Ford Explorer- Beat to fuck. 4.0L 5 speed 2WD. $500. Torn to fuck leather, no seat belts in the back. Exhaust wasn't connected to anything behind the cat. Loud piece of shit. "Tank" I fondly referred to it as. It would climb over anything. Whoever fucked with it before thought it was a good idea to run the fuel pump wire over the drive shaft, so eventually it died, of course. And after about a month of my friends dad getting pissed cause it sat in his garage every day and I dropped the tank, and couldn't figure out what it was. I told my dad if he can get it out of the garage it's his. And he did. I had enough money stashed away for the next one anyway. He beat it like he owned it till the clutch went out, and wound up selling it for $500 bucks. I'd say no loss on that one, if it was me that got the $500.

92 Honda Accord LX- This was my beater. Got me through half of high school. Developed an oil leak, oil pan gasket was warped. I tried like hell to get it off, and there was 1 bolt in the transmission case that I could not get off for the life of me. So I told it straight out if it won't let me fix it, I'm not going to keep buying oil for it. And it was totally cool with that. Seriously, that thing went without oil several, several hundred miles. Never bitched once. Honestly I really wish I would have just kept this car, because now theres a direct relation between # of CB7's I see and # of erections in a week. Made it to 248,XXX and I traded her in for $500 bucks toward the Civic.

90 Honda CRX DX- Build thread coming soon. Traded the punta wagon + $300. Clutch pedal assembly broke, I got pissed, been gathering parts, she's been sitting for a while.

97 Civic HX- My DD now. All black. Got a shitty patch on the passenger side and 2 bubbles on the drivers side. Plan on doing a 99-00 conversion, painting her, and trying to figure out why I'm only getting 30-35 miles per gallon out of an HX. Currently at 208,XXX and I plan on keeping her around for a while.

Mines short and sweet even though I bought my first one almost 8 years ago.
1991 Camaro RS- Still in the driveway waiting on me to get off my ass and swap in the 500+hp 355ci SBC.
View attachment 15068
View attachment 15069
2007 GSX-R600- In the garage waiting on mother nature to calm the fuck down
7225_1133546785104_1420320023_30373500_7628233_n.jpg
2000 Civic Si- wrecked, waiting on me to set it on fire and roll it down a hill
26378_1240271773162_1420320023_30615762_570822_n.jpg
View attachment 15072

Last edited:
1) 84 F150...never made it onto the road
2) 86 Cutlass Ciera - slipped in every gear. Pure garbage.
3) 94 Ranger - loved each other through all our stages ending in it being bagged and in prime shape and being sold to pay off my credit card debt
3.5) 90 Talon TSi - project. Never made it from the tear-down stage
4) 2000 Ranger 4x DD w 2" lift and 33s - sold when I moved to OH
5) 95 EG - LS/LS stripped w some goodies - sold when I moved to CA
6) 94 LS400 - Belongs to my father in law but he hadn't driven it in years so I commandeered it while I finish building my...
7) 57 F100 - the steel love of my life. Follow my build thread!

My last post in this was 3 years ago soo ...

98 Dodge Dakota sport W/ V8 magnum (totaled not my fault)
87 Acura Integra. (my first 5speed and why i love hondas today)
90 Civic Hatch. (sold)
93 BMW 325i (sitting in drive way. my dads working on it but it still runs)
93 Acura Integra GS 4 door (sold, but they guy i sold it too has already put a hole in the block :( )
98 Ford mustang (eh)

94 Civic- Auto 4 door tank had it since i was 16 almost 200k on the clock and still runs great
89 Hatch- B16 swapped still tinkering with it
91 Hatch- stripped and scrapped
94 Jeep Cherokee- the trail tramp

Sell me the hatch! You can keep your B16, tranny, wheels, and interior too (if you want it.) Haha

This was #1. Same color. Kinda hard to find the shit brown. 3.8 pos. Tranny died in less then a year. Bought it for $500.

84_hb_maroon_w7_1.jpg

This I bought from my moms boss. It wasnt the station wagon, but it was this color. Even had those wheels. I dont remember the size of the engine, but it was not the turbo. I beat the hell outta this car. Sold it for $900 and 3 days later the timing chain went.
1015.jpg

This was my second to favorite car. She was heavy, but that F22 got me around and in a hurry. I-H-E, some fuel enrichment. A little 50 shot here and there. It was fun. I kept it the Champaign Gold. It went really well with the White interior. Four door.

PICT0112-1.jpg

Bought from Ex-boss. She was a bitch. Car would die going over the grape vine here in california. On a cool day. Tranny blew apart on my way to school one day. It was awesome to see. Wish I had pics of it.
0350802027.jpg

And now I have my DC4. Ill get pictures of her later. After I get a good camara.

1) 95 Ford Coutour: it was my dad's. I got it with 160k on it. He prolly changed the oil 5 times throughout its life. I drove it for 10k miles until it shot a rod out the block.

2) 99 Civic Si: This baby was in my ricer days. It had bolt ons, coilovers, and sweet altezza tails I later painted black. I sold it to fund my current project.

3) 93 EG (b18c jrsc)
PICT0651.jpg

Been awhile since I've posted!

4. 96' nissan maxima se 5mt. Drove for a year then sold to my buddy

5. Parted and sold the teal hatch. Picked up a 97 ek w/ B18CR swap. That is my current project.

6. Sold the 96 Maxima to friend and picked up much better 99 maxima se for the same price from another friend.

7. Traded the 99 maxima for 2007 Silverado 1500. 2WD 5.3 with rear locker.

1. 1991 toyota camry, wrecked and threw a rod.
2. 1994 Integra. drove the shit out of it, hydroplaned 3 times, killed on a really big sign.
3. 1999 ninja 250. painted and sold
4. 1993 ninja 600. wrecked. bad day.
5. 1987 Saab 900s. biggest POS in the world. brakes stopped stopping. lol. junked.
6. 1995 civic coupe. ragged it out and sold it.
7. 1993 dodge stealth n/a. pretty fun, sold for parts. title issues, and bad crank positioning sensor.
8. 1990 civic dx. parted
9. 2001 honda cbr600. sold.
10. 1991 civic si. swapped currently for sale.
11. 1988 civic dx, swapped current dd.
12. 1993 delsol. just bought it today.

i think thats it.

no pics. sorry.

13. 95 integra ls.
14. 03 subaru forester

lol, well,
number 10 sold, 2 weeks later the little douche bag called and lelft a message on my phone cussing me out because the sunroof leaked and poured water all over him.
i called him and told him to watch who he talks to like that because he doesnt know shit about me and i wont handle being talked to like that again very well. i told him that he knew that car had sat for about a year and i knew nothing about the state of the seals.
also informed him that he bought a car used/as is, with no warranty and that if he wanted to talk to me about the car he would be wise to call me back and apologize and start over, then hung up before he could say anything.
he called back with a whole new attitude and apologized.

number 11 broke a clutch pedal off after i had it for a month or so, i replaced it, swore i would never do it again.
so, when the second clutch pedal broke, i parted it out. made a good amount of money on it.

number 11 enabled me to get number 12 running, after a year of it sitting in my moms garage, lol, she still holds that against me.
that thing was fucked. bad. the front end was completely shot, and the engine had a good sized hole in it.
i swapped in another d series, and found a repo yard that had a sol he was parting out and scrapping, so he told me some prices on parts i needed, and i told him id give him $200 to let me have a go and get whatever i could in one visit. needless to say, i got everything that was good.
ran good, but body was primer gray, front was black, and rust galore.
gas tank was rusted, if you filled up, it poured out. rust under, and in. under the weather strip for the targa top was holes big enough to fit your finger in.

i traded that for number 13, a black 95 integra LS, sweet deal for me. biggest issue with that was 3rd gear was gone. so, i drove it to work and fixed the tranny, drove it til november of 10, and sold it for 2500.

then bought number 14 and current daily
the forester, paid 1400 for it. kid thought it was blown. he had 8 quarts of oil in the engine and a cold air intake from a mustang. it drove like hell and didnt have enough power to get out of its own way. put the stock intake on and changed the a/f sensor and been driving it for over a year with no issues.

that was a bit long, but i like a good explanation.

I couldnt find any pics of my ACTUAL first car, but i had a 97 DX Hatchback

1997-honda-civic-dx-fort-wayne-indiana.jpg

Then i had a 90 CRX Si

30293080172_large.jpg

My current ride is 92 si hatchback

29pqk4j.jpgcom

Last edited:
Back