should i paint my.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
so i'm cheap..

.and i dont want to pay more than 600-800 on a paint job...but the truth is i rather paint the car my self with a HVLP gun and some 1stg enamel paint with an enamel clear (i know its not necessary)..the reason i dont care too much is because the rex is a beater and i might sell the shell in the near future..and the body is in excelent cond...it just needs new bumpers and weather striping

paint gun
zh1208-2b.jpg

this paint gun seems good for what i need it for

paint i might use

what do you guys think?
any kind of gun/compressor i should buy?

lol
I'd explain it but it'll take too long while I'm at work.

HOK is good paint, but it's expensive as a bitch and most likely not what you're gonna want for this job.

i'd look into ppg's omni line. a lot of people hate on it, but it's gotten a lot of praise from the people at the site below, and a lot of people on there know their shit.

check out the forums http://www.autobody101.com/ for a ton of great DIY info.

gun is crap and as for paint go to your local napa dealer and use the dupont singal stage paint masson is the line i did 2 trucks top down for 150 cdn

They make good shit for non-automotive paint, so I would think there auto shit is good too.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jul 9 2005, 07:52 PM
how are the napap guns never used one
[post=523297]Quoted post[/post]​

napa themselves as far as i know doesnt manufactur a gun battle pope was speaking of the paint line martin seniour...which is what i use everyday and is very good quality paint

ya i was talking about the senior gun but as for using one everyday I don't think you use the bottom end gun do you?

martin seniour doesnt make guns. they make paint. No i do not use a bttom of tyhe line gun everyday, i actually use th best gun devillbiss makes......the gti millenium. one for base one for clear.

As for the 400 dollar paintjob, you always get what you pay for

meh, I'd probably do what all you people are doing and just go buy a compressor, a gun, and some paint so I could just do it myself. Why spend $1000 on a paint job, when you can buy all the tools and then do it yourself for less than that :)

yeah thats true......but its hard to buy things that i know nothing about......

any one have any other suggestions?

Back