Should I supercharge

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BaDarkus91lsvtec

Sup guys. I really like the idea of supercharging my lsvtec just want to know if it's a good idea with what I have. I have high comp pistons 11-1 bore is 82mm, Manley h beam rods that can take 200 hp a cylinder, skunk2 stage2 tuner cams stock valve trane 70 mm throttle aem cold air dc headers. P72 head with b18a block. All blue printed balanced hot tanked everything. Still haven't finished putting it together and thought charger would be a nice add on before I drop it in. Obviously tune the shit out of it too.

Anyway main question was is it anything like a turbo and works off low comp to where my high comp would screw me cuz I think if I'm not mistakin from personal "knowledge" that the supercharger runs off exsisting hp if I remember correctly

The only real fundamental differences is that a turbo uses exhaust gases and a super charger uses a belt (like the alt) to turn itself. Both still compress air to make boost.

You can get away with a jackson/etc making 6 lbs on it if you want to, but you really built the thing for all motor, not for boost

11:1 is not that high for a jrsc, you gotta think, they did sell kits for the type R. Ive seen some builds online on type R motors that made good power. I can tell you from experience that the jrsc doesnt like more than about 8psi, but you can easily get into the mid 200whp area with that. I would be more worried about the cams having so much overlap, they are pretty aggressive all motor cams after all. You will definitely need adjustable gears and have them set it up on the dyno.

Last edited:
I have vision cam gears so I'm good to go on those. Mid 2's -low 2's sounds pretty good to me though. Tell u what though I'm about done spending money haha. Baby mommy be trippin and we aren't even together shit. Nosy man

I wish I had more Honda no it alls cuz I know a lil and my hommie has been sitting on my motor for 2 months now shit hasn't even been touched and I'm going crazy. It's all there just a waiting game now. Shity part is this fool tells me a couple days and it's done once we start. I'm like dude lets start sheez

The typeR supercharger was lame. it only put out like 4.5 pounds. it was hardly noticable. 20 hop gain or some crap.

The typeR supercharger was lame. it only put out like 4.5 pounds. it was hardly noticable. 20 hop gain or some crap.

those original jrsc kits were all kinda lame from a tuning standpoint. the good news is that all the vtec b series kits use the same M62 blower and you can use whatever pulleys and whatever tuning solution you like these days. putting a supercharger or turbo on a type R motor is not really that big of deal, obviously just needs to be tuned correctly, and like anything, dont get too greedy with the power.

Back