sigh... another build thread. but this one will also end without epicness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

that was sooo damn ugly..
but back to the thread..you have the wrong mount bracket..you already knew that lol

ordered the new bracket today from acura and got my alternator belt. i want to repaint my transmission but i dont want to paint over the "R4 LSD" stamp on it. oh well, i guess when i decide to sell it, people will just have to take my word that its a ctr tranny.

putting off interior prep work in the worst way......

still prepping the inside. just got the new timing belt on the engine and its all put together. probably going to drop the engine into the car within the next few days to make sure it sits correctly. also going to have my buddy weld the gas door shut, drill a hole in it and put one of these in there so it will be easier to fill up my fuel cell.
sum-290202_w.jpg

Dang.....fuel cell too? I am guessing its a weight issue? The fuel cell is considerably lighter?

Oh man! I need to keep up on this thread! don't ditch the supercharger man you already got it. If it's gonna take that much longer why not just rock it with the b16 without the supercharger in the mean time? Then you could get the parts, and research (if you're still looking into the frame rail issue) together to throw the supercharger on there the right way. Either way at this point I'm pretty sold this car is gonna wind up a thing of beauty. have you checked out matt's turbo 96 hatch?

thanks man, ill try to get some more pictures up tonight. ive made a little bit of progress.

not much, but it is what it is.

tranny cleaned up
DSCN1087.jpg

DSCN1088.jpg

started primering the interior but more to see how much coverage i would get out of one can of the new high build primer from sem and to see any rough spots i missed sanding.
DSCN1090.jpg

DSCN1089.jpg

gas tank is welded shut. my buddy warped the sheet metal kind of bad so its going to take some banging and a nice skin coat of metal 2 metal filler to get it looking pretty again.
DSCN1091.jpg

did you paint the tranny? How did you keep the serial number plate in tact?

Back