Sleeve Coilovers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thuy

Does anyone know the proper way to adjust coilover system on a 91 CRX? Do I need to adjust them so that height equals the same between all four wheels from fender lip to ground. Or do I need to make sure that threaded setting on coilover sleeve is adjusted equally between all four wheels.

Currently I have it set up so that height equals the same between all four wheels from fender lip to ground. But as I look at the sleeves on coilovers the setting differs significantly. Does anyone know?

the only real way to take advantage of coilovers is to get the car balanced, where they take the car, with you in it, put each wheel on its own scale, and adjust the heights to balance the car.

assuming you are not gonna have access to scales...which very few do...the proper way to measure for height is to measure from the center of the wheel to the fender lip. measuring from the ground is not a good idea because of varying tire pressures and/or uneven tread will affect the readings.

Back