Smoke from the intake?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yellow88crx

umm.... has anyone ever seen smoke come out of the intake? I am thinking that I have a problem....

Backfiring any?

While it isn't running I'd assume.. Check the oil for water. Make sure the engine isn't overheating. Pull the oil cap and see if the smoke is coming from inside the motor through the breather tube on the intake...

I didnt notice backfiring, I filled the radiator with water yesterday after I blew a radiator hose, I didnt have any coolant and was trying to get home. Could that have caused it? I will try starting it tonight and see if i get smoke out of the breather (or valve cover). I just talked to my brother, he also said you are supposed to bleed the coolant lines after replacing a hose. (still new to this stuff) anything else that I should know?

Could have been burned oil vapors from an overheat.. Certainly bleed the air out of the system.

Why did you blow the hose? any idea?

where is the bleeder located?

I do not think it overheated because I was standing outside the car when the hose ruptured.

My brother and i were replacing lines with silicone and one of the coolant lines got replaced with vacuum hose. It couldnt handle the pressure. I looked through all the rest of the replaced lines to make sure that there were no more with this problem.

Someone else recommended checking if the manifold nuts were tight. they werent... which bothers me because I know I tightened them. but the block hadnt been started in awhile.
Is it possible that the change in heat and the vibrations could have caused them to loosen? should I keep checking them? should I use plumbers tape or something to keep them on?
thanks for your help

Back