SO, are you uncool?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

awptickes

unimpressed by you
VIP
Are you uncool because the economic slowdown has effected you minimally? Does this make me uncool too?

Microsoft is now targeting Apple's higher price point in a series of ads. Essentially they give someone $1000 to buy a computer, and tell them they can buy it anywhere.

Funny, I've had several sub-$1k laptops, and I've had several Mac notebooks, and guess which lasts longer? I know it's subjective, but srsly, an all-metal-case is normally going to last longer than a cheap ABS plastic case.

Microsoft goes after Mac on price in new ad | Technically Incorrect - CNET News

YouTube - Windows Laptop Hunters $1000 - Lauren "Not cool enough to be a Mac"

New Microsoft Commercials Are Live

EDIT:
I guess what I'm really trying to say is: Are you too cool to own a PC?

Last edited:
Pretty funny/true though. I've never had the priviledge of using a mac laptop.
I used an old G4 in school for video productions. I want one but the specs and pricing I like @.@

I'm not cool/rich enough for a mac ;p
Laptop- 800.
Custom built desktop - 1100

Last edited:
mac's are great.... for people who don't know shit about computers. for any type of 'power user', they just lack in everything-- specifcally, software.

thats my main problem with macs
and their retarded ass user interface
makes it great for a chimp to burn a cd
but can't run half the shit i need for the office

i have a dell laptop that has to be 9+ years old
i don't use it as a hammer or wheel chock so the plastic case has held up fine

honestly it took me an hour to figure out how the fuck to burn a CD with itunes on a MAC.

the lack of actual useful buttons (page up/dn/home/end) backspace(delete) and enter(return) dont work as they should. actually i think the intel macs just finally got a real backspace key.

all you mac users are fucking stupid :)

i have a dell laptop that has to be 9+ years old
i don't use it as a hammer or wheel chock so the plastic case has held up fine

Lmfao, I have a Compaq that has to be atleast 6 or so years old, and the only problem I have with it is the processor is feeling like its wearing out, and I'm needing more space. other than that, my PC is just fine.

I cant use a Mac for nothing in the world. It pisses me off to much, the only thing a mac is good for is style, and from what i hear, some animation projects and such. other than that, its shit.

macs are stupid simple. They're good for nothing but simple basic shit, but they do that stuff well with a shiny interface.

mac's are great.... for people who don't know shit about computers. for any type of 'power user', they just lack in everything-- specifcally, software.

Ouch, well with the software company I work for in Multimedia I'll be honest Mac's work soooooooooooooooo much better than PC's. Hell our software won't even work on Vysta.... I mean Mojave. Sorry B I'm jaded I'm a Mac guy and for what I do for my job a Mac suits me better. Agree to disagree. Everyone is different and I suggest to people that they choose the best platform that suits them. For example a friends sister was going to college and wanted a laptop for school work and to browse the net I said to go with a PC. Another friend was building a recording studio I said MAC all the way.

Macs are over priced PC's. The only upside macs have over PC's is the "sweet" design of the OS and the case. Anyone else find it odd that when you spend 5k on a computer you have to buy a new mouse because the one that comes with your Apple has ONE button?

Open architecture over proprietary design any day. Macintosh sucks as does Windows. Mac sucks more because of the higher price tag. Don't get stuck on the OS part of the advertisement. The person they used was just ridiculous; comparing a laptop to a phone was horrible. My phone is the slowest device known to mankind, as is any phone I use. The underlying hardware capability is what you want, if your talking business.

From a hardware standpoint, I'd buy PC architecture over Mac hands down these days.

If your hooked on Mac hardware, and your in business, I hope your not getting raped by the Apple agent...

The person they used was just ridiculous; comparing a laptop to a phone was horrible. My phone is the slowest device known to mankind, as is any phone I use.

You realize that was a netbook right?
I think she was just comparing screen size
you're reading into the female thought process a little too deeply

Last edited:
I think the notion that macs are somehow "better" for multimedia is still stuck in some peoples minds, even though it comes down to software and not an OS or hardware manufacturer. MAc's may have been the shit for multimedia and whatnot 10 years ago but I bet you can find just as many- if not more- multimedia apps for PCs now. I'm a PC dude all the way, never owned a mac and never had a reason to. Also they don't like you to be able to share your work with the evil PC users.
And also now with Dual boot you can have windows and OS on the same PC. Don't even need a mac to run it :D

macs dont allow you to share ANYTHING.
they are greedy as fuck.

Microsoft office for mac files work fine on office 2007 on a pc.

We have mac labs galore at school and for ease of use, I usually go with the imac, mostly because it is 24" and I can get more done than on the PC in the same amount of time.

Back