SO, are you uncool?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think the notion that macs are somehow "better" for multimedia is still stuck in some peoples minds, even though it comes down to software and not an OS or hardware manufacturer. MAc's may have been the shit for multimedia and whatnot 10 years ago but I bet you can find just as many- if not more- multimedia apps for PCs now. I'm a PC dude all the way, never owned a mac and never had a reason to. Also they don't like you to be able to share your work with the evil PC users.
And also now with Dual boot you can have windows and OS on the same PC. Don't even need a mac to run it :D

OSX and Windows talk to each other just fine.

Parallels and bootcamp are horrible VM products.

on the multimedia note, there isnt going to be a 64-bit capable version of adobe products for MAC. only windows.

OSX and Windows talk to each other just fine.

Parallels and bootcamp are horrible VM products.

on the multimedia note, there isnt going to be a 64-bit capable version of adobe products for MAC. only windows.

I wonder where the misinformation comes from. I have a Mac at work that is joined to the Windows domain, and I even authenticate to it with my CAC (Smart Card).

VM Ware Fusion is probably the best choice for VM products. But, uh, bootcamp isn't VM, there's nothing virtual about it, it's just installing windows on your mac.

The whole Adobe thing has me kinda pissed off, but not at Adobe. It's because Apple killed off the 64-bit version of Carbon, thus forcing developers to rewrite everything in Cocoa. Adobe had little to do with this one.

I guess I don't see the evils of Apple because I've been brainwashed, but then again everyone who can't see anything good about Apple products need to pull their Microsoft scroll mouse out of their asses.

I don't hate macs, but I used to be a hardcore computer gamer. Remember when Quake 2 came out, and mac gamers finally got Duke Nukem 3d? :D
Also those mac ads with that guy, being all smug about his mac. At first they were clever, but now it just makes them seem kind like assholes.

I hate macs. Never used one, but anything computerized that is a fashion statement is lame. Function > form.

I bet my HTC Mogul w/ WinMobile 6.1 is faster than 90% of Dell's garbage laptops...

I dont. That's the slowest phone known to mankind as far as I'm concerned. But, if you mean it powers up and does basic things unlike shitty dells that always break, then ok lol.

(i also have that phone, yuck)

im with YBLEGAL. Mogul is complete garbage and i hope it kills you :)

It honestly may end up killing me one day...

When I'm in a hurry and friends insist on texting over talking... and I'm on the highway and can't rightfully pull over to answer... so I end up getting in bad situations because of that slow, unresponsive keyboard and constant unpredictable glitching the phone always creates.

I want a Windows Mobile 6+ flip phone with numerical keypad (old school phone keypad lol). Unfortunatly, I still need Mobile 6 for rdp and such, even though it crashes allll the time.

Yknow, for all the horror stories I have heard, mine has been amazing. It's fast as shit, I never have to restart it, there are always new updates. I like it because I can actually do shit with it, unlike the iphone which is marketed to 7 year olds who think a fake Zippo app. is cool...I have Sprint and the Sprint versions of popular phones are usually better than the Verizon or other versions. Why? I don't know. That's just what I've read and heard from different independent review sites, etc. I like it.

Guess what I have. Sprint. Lol.

Idk, main fails horribly. And I know friends with them that say their screens were weak and broke easily (went thru like 4). I myself have yet to break mine. And it's taken many spills off my lap onto the driveway getting out of the car and van.

How long have you had it? I've used mine for 4 months or so now. You've never had the problem where the vibrate from a text message doesn't stop vibrating? Or the screen won't turn on but the status led blinks green like it's fine and you have to pull the battery to restart it? Or have the screen glitch out and stay horizontal instead of vertical? Or not have any button respond unless you hold it for 1 second at a time? Or hit reply to a message but the message app loads then disappears quickly and you have to restart that process? Or have the message app glitch the bottom of the inbox screen so that it never utilizes the space?

Arg.

At least I P-A-M for free :D

I have had the last thing happen. The other things have happened but were due to my own error. I use the power button on the right side to keep the screen on or off as I please. The screen does have a hard time switching but so does every Blackberry Storm I've ever seen. The only phone that doesn't glitch when switching vert/hor is the iphone which is a childish turd...

Phone As Modem. The ability to get internet on my laptop using the phone's internet. A service that Sprint otherwise charges for.

I too use the on/off button. But sometimes, ya, no response.

lame...I really wanted the HTC Touch Pro which has video out...it looks sick and probably isn't as glitchy as yours. I got mine slightly used actually and has been great so far....?

I use Linhs mac book almost daily when I'm not in the basement, I HATE the thing.

What's funny is Lihns answer to any of my why doesn't this work questions is "oh just restart it, thats how I get it to work" like isn't that a Windows thing? WTF!

newstu.jpg

Where's my mac?

What is it that you do with all that equipment?

I record on windows just fine :shrug2:

How many tracks can you record simultaneously???? Any idea of how much DSP you're using???? Oh and how much RAM are you running??? Eh and why we're at it what program are you using??

Back