So I got suspended from work

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
A week or so ago, it seems I slipped up at work (I'm a telemarketer) and called some dude a cocksucker over the phone. Long story short, he called back, managers listened to the call, and they decided that they wouldn't fire me, but that they'd suspend me for 3 days without pay.

Now, this would have been effective on their part, except for one thing. I took paid time off last week (Tuesday through Saturday). They had to wait until I came back to work to suspend me, because (For some odd reason), I have to sign some forms and shit in order to 'officially' be suspended. Now, my normal days off are every other Saturday and the following Monday. I don't get paid for the days off, they're just days off. Anyways, even though Saturday was my day off, I took PTO for that day anyway, so I'd get paid for it. Since I'm also off on the Monday following my Saturday off, today is my other day off. I went to work today just for the hell of it and found out I was suspended for three days.

So taking into account that I'd normally work (and get paid for) 10 days every 2-week pay period (with 2 days off per pay period), their suspending me for 3 days would make me only have 7 days that I'd work and get paid for. However, I took PTO on my Saturday off, and one of the days they suspended me is on my Monday off, so essentially the 'suspension' will only impact me as not getting paid for 1 day (since today is my day off, so I wouldn't work today anyways, and I got paid for my other day off because of the PTO).

:cliffs:
Called some dude on the phone at work a cocksucker
Got suspended for 3 days
Because I pwn my managers, I effectively only got 1 day unpaid, plus an almost 2-week vacation

:woo:

lmao

my ex once got into a phone spat at work... she does insurance shit
some guy called yelling and bitching, he had a kid outside his marriage, the kid was added to his insurance policy as a dependant, and then his wife found out about some kid she never heard of on the insurance
lol

the ex said it wasn't her problem, he said who do you think you are, she said i am jesus christ himself compaed to you and hung up...

lmao, she had a "special meeting" over that one, but they concluded the guy deserved it cause he was being a complete dick and verbally abusive

bah i telemarket for an insurance co during the summers. I always save those numbers and call them back from another phone. I have quite a list so when im drunk or in a bad mood ill give em a ring :lol:

cocksucker

this is the official 2005 cocksucker thread.

Originally posted by The usual Suspects
hand me the keys you fucking cocksucker

It's cool...I only call around Florida....

Cocksucker.

Back