Soo sold the da , bought a SHO

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
They sound good because theyre a small V8, like you said. Look at the Euro super cars, small displacement high revving motors. Too bad Ford couldnt figure it out.

They sound good because theyre a small V8, like you said. Look at the Euro super cars, small displacement high revving motors. Too bad Ford couldnt figure it out.

yea ford couldnt figure it out, yamaha did , these motors are pretty stout dude

American manufacturers CAN figure it out. The thing about these high-strung little engines is that they don't last too long, and the customers complained.

Even now if you read reviews on the 5 valve Iron Dukes that were in the Fiero... People call them "The worst engine ever". Or the Grand National turbo V6. They are so high-strung that they die at 80k miles. The initial reviews will love them, then soon after they will be hated, and will go down in history as a bad idea.

If I were a manufacturer and people did that shit to me, I would build underpowered longer-life motors as well. Fuck em.

Look at the evolution of the Corvette from 1984. The 1984 was a bad ass car - But the owners started to request more and more comfort-driven features. They would up weighing a fuckton and were full of big knobs, huge gauges, and wider doors to help the older and older people who could afford them to get their crotchety asses in and out.

Fuck it, you keep the american populace happy while building something nice. You'll go out of business.

Thats why people regard Hondas as the best cars ever made. Of course you're not going to wear and break parts when you're barely making enough power to get out of your own way...

Honda is pretty close to this equation, but only in dense populated areas of the world. It's a Japanese car designed for Japanese roads.

American roads are huge, long, and straight. I love my honda, but after hour 4 of i-74 at 4000 fucking rpm, twitchy steering and no hood out the front window, I want to stick a pencil in my ear.

Likewise I drove a Caddy around CT for a few weeks. Couldn't stand it. I felt like Michael Moore at a flea market... knocking shit over with my huge ass and apologizing everywhere I went, while paying for an 8 mpg consumption that nearly broke me.

Oooooo finally! The shitbox showdown!!! :rolleyes:

No dude, your a fucking tool.

What that video shows is a properly built econo Honda. if you are too stupid to catch that then I don't know what to tell you. :)

I didn't even watch it. lol Dont care to. I'm talking about the SHO vs Honda "comparrison." One shitbox vs another. :gives:
:moon:

Cel - A 1984 Corvette weighs essentially the same as a brand new Corvette. Then consider the fact that a new vette has almost double the horsepower of the '84...
Also, the Iron Dukes were NOT high strung; 44 hp/L is crap specific output. And considering the GNX V6's were turbocharged, their specific output is nothing noteworthy either.

double0si - I just don't understand why you obviously dislike hondas so much. Any NSX, ITR, type-S manual, S2000, '04 and later accord coupe v6 manual, '06 and later si, is fully capable of 'getting out of it's own way.'

Last edited:
Im talking aboit the early 90s and older Hondas that mainly gained them their reputation as uber reliable. Its not that I dislike Hondas, its just that I can plainly see they are nothing special.

Back on topic, white is just a terrible color for your car. Especially since the window pillars are white.

I want a "plus" spoiler , had to be ordered when new
91SHO+_back.jpg

Congrats, you just showed us how crappy yours is compared to the rest

This thread and these shitty cars have gotten way too much attention. 10 pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back