Soooo..this is in the works..stay tuned

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the work is easier than overnighting an ecu and not having a car for a few days

Reactions: B16
I don't overnight the ecu..I just download the data from the ecu and email them the file and they email back the tuned file and I upload into car ....no loss of use of car. ..

RIF yo, comparative.

Lol your gains will be much less than that with just only a tune bud , also you are speaking or a E-Tune, and you will gain less on a E tune than you would with a pro tune (dyno) , dude the cobb tuner plugs in the obd2 port and literally under 10mins have it married to the car and tune installed ready to roll, when you buy it the thing will come with OTS Stage 0-3 tunes with different octane choices

The E tune is literally a OTS tune they keep on standby and all they are gonna pull off your data is how much timing you can pull without knocking and a/f ratios

Lol your gains will be much less than that with just only a tune bud , also you are speaking or a E-Tune, and you will gain less on a E tune than you would with a pro tune (dyno) , dude the cobb tuner plugs in the obd2 port and literally under 10mins have it married to the car and tune installed ready to roll, when you buy it the thing will come with OTS Stage 0-3 tunes with different octane choices

Yeah i went with Cobb...should be in Tuesday

So i drove the car from PA to CT and i just absolutely love it...traffic was horrific with a lot of bumper to bumper and stop and go but i managed 23.7MPG which was better then the 19-20 i thought i would get...it has great pick up. It's so comfortable to drive. A lot more so than my 328. Car is in great overall shape. The Audio system is rather good much better than the 328 but that only has base system. Love the panoramic sun roof. I'm very happy with this car.

It just needs(or i want) a few things

Floor mats- would like OEM but may settle on non OEM, or maybe Weather Tech
It's missing the Navi DVD so i ordered that but not sure why as i rarely use my 328's Navigation, i always use my phone but it was $28 bucks
Window Tints

Can't beat weather tech.
I'm just wondering if it's worth the price I did buy some Goodyear mats at AutoZone for my 328 and they lasted about six months before they were torn to shreds from use and those were forty bucks I'm just wondering if higher-quality mats would last a lot longer

I'm just wondering if it's worth the price I did buy some Goodyear mats at AutoZone for my 328 and they lasted about six months before they were torn to shreds from use and those were forty bucks I'm just wondering if higher-quality mats would last a lot longer

My dad bought weathertec mats for the accord right when he got it. They lasted 160k before I threw them out because they had a hole where my heel sits for the pedals

Yes.

I actually found OEM BMW rubber mats on Ebay for $78 bucks shipped, brand new sealed for my car. Scorrree.. They are $200 from BMW directly.

Also just realized previous owner installed the AFE Stage 2 Dual Cone intake, i'll take it.

I may have to add the RPI exhaust to my wish list

http://www.raceprecision.com/product/RPI-RP-020.html

Last edited:
Cobb Stage 2 Aggressive installed...holy shit...that is all

tints being done Saturday
I would NOT do stage 3 without going catless, and you will gain more power getting a pro tune the Cobb tunes are a little on the rich side for my taste but they do well

I would NOT do stage 3 without going catless, and you will gain more power getting a pro tune the Cobb tunes are a little on the rich side for my taste but they do well

yeah ...i won't do anything else unless i get the intercooler/downpipe/exhaust upgrades which i highly doubt i will do...at least anytime soon

If you are stage 2 you are already supposed to have a intercooler , intake , and exhaust, if you only have the intake you need the stage 1 tune , each stage you go up pulls more timing , need to see what your a/f is at and if you are getting knock or netative timing corrections

Back