Stereotypical What to do thread.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have the ultimate plan for you.

I'll come down in my CRX si. It has a b18a1 swap. 3k. For another $150 I'll bring along my dead d-series motor, I'll bolt a dx trans to it. You buy my car, we swap the dead d into your hatch. You get to keep your motor and trans. Then you have a CRX si with a b18 and a spare motor and trans to sell.. make 1k back : )

3k is probably on the high side for my car, but I AM offering to deliver it... My car needs lots of minor body work. Nothing major, but lots dings and the CRX rust in the rear fenders needs to be re-fixed.

I'll come down in my CRX si. It has a b18a1 swap. 3k. For another $150 I'll bring along my dead d-series motor, I'll bolt a dx trans to it. You buy my car, we swap the dead d into your hatch. You get to keep your motor and trans. Then you have a CRX si with a b18 and a spare motor and trans to sell.. make 1k back : )

3k is probably on the high side for my car, but I AM offering to deliver it... My car needs lots of minor body work. Nothing major, but lots dings and the CRX rust in the rear fenders needs to be re-fixed.

I like B's sol, i gotta see how much i am going to get.
Your CRX is second in line, if you'd help me swap a motor back into mine then i could use my old one i have sitting around.

Originally posted by jimboburgess@Aug 23 2005, 03:25 PM

I like B's sol, i gotta see how much i am going to get.
Your CRX is second in line, if you'd help me swap a motor back into mine then i could use my old one i have sitting around.
[post=544124]Quoted post[/post]​

Shouldn't be too hard.. Do you have a cherry picker or a a-frame? I Don't blame you for going after B's Sol.. Its nice.

Soooo... How the hell did you total it anyway? I want the nasty details!

I have an a-frame.

Penn-dot has shut down two of the three ways around/bypassing our town, traffic is horrible on routes 11/15. I was going to a friends house, and at this point in the high way i was on it turn into three lanes of traffic but only for about 3/8 of a mile, so no one thinks to use that lane located on the far left of traffic. I was in it and it was clear traffic is stopped at a red light in the two other lanes, i slow down a little and then the light turns green so i start to accelerate, once i get into the intersection out behind the trucks i see a green explorer turning left infront of the trucks they see me and hit the brakes right in front of me, i slam on my brakes forgetting i don't have ABS and slide into the side of them. Its a bummer.
Three people in the other car and all of them were in their 60s, I despise SUVs/elderly.

Originally posted by jimboburgess Posted Yesterday+ 08:59 PM-->
jimboburgess Posted Yesterday @ 08:59 PM) said:
jimboburgess Posted Yesterday @ 08:59 PM) said:
I told them about my engine swap and they said they would look into the value of it and get me some more, i thought damn right.

[post=543769]Quoted post[/post]​

:blink:

Originally posted by jimboburgess+Aug 24 2005, 05:14 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx+Aug 24 2005, 09:22 AM-->
jimboburgess Posted Yesterday
@ 08:59 PM
92b16vx

1)I told them about my engine swap and they said they would look into the value of it and get me some more, i thought damn right.

[post=543769]Quoted post[/post]​

:blink:
[post=544442]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't understand
[post=544527]Quoted post[/post]​

He believes that someone made the comment that HIS insurance would go up and/or not pay for the claim. His insurance is not the ones dealing with the claim. Its the OTHER GUY's insurance.. He didn't tell HIS company about the swap, but he did tell the OG's company.. I suppose he hopes that HIS company doesn't hear about the collision all together.

The other person was saying that the OG's insurance company was going to try to cop-out with the swapped engine card.

It was a misunderstanding.

Hope that clears things up?

so you were able to buy it back from the insurance company?
how much they get you for it?

or maybe i took your above post the wrong way... d'oh

so you still getting the del slo?

Originally posted by jimboburgess@Aug 24 2005, 02:22 PM
I bought the car from my insurance agent.
[post=544674]Quoted post[/post]​

yeouch.. how much did you pay??

It looks like the metal on the shock-tower is torn.. Is it? What kind of subframe damage? can't really tell from the pics, other than the radiator support being trashed...

What the hell are you going to do with it??

I just looked at the pics again, that bend in the roof/chassis will cost more then the car is worth to fix it.. much less the front end damage.. I hope you gave no more than the motor was worth. The car is worthless.

They gave me $3100 after paying for tags and title trasnfer and stuff, I need to go change my title to salvage, I paid $250 for the car, but i have to pay to move it to where-ever i plan to work on it, which happens to be where it is at.
I profit about $2900

I talked to this guy i used to work with who had a delsol S w/ an eg front end conversion and he is selling me his for $600, and i can transfer over the engine and rear discs. It needs a bunch of body work, new hood, wind shield, drivers window and trunk lid but my time is free and i have $2300 to get it running. It does have 16" motegi rims and 2 month old Skunk2 coilovers, which are worth at least $600 anyway. In the mean time i am buying a 1972 honda 350, to get me around town

I bought the civic from my insurance agent in january for $1000, he sold it to me knowing it needed a new engine. I put it in and never told him what type it was. my insurance company is not dealing with it at all, since i was not at fault for the accident

looks like you made out like a bandit. if your interior plastics in the back are in good shape u wanna sell them too me

Yeah, It works out pretty good.

I can sell them to you. you want the plastic on the hatch and the sides?

I am keeping the B18b1, but I still have the old D15b8 if you want that $100 picked up, i'll through in the tranny for free.

I'm in oregon. And I don't have any use for a Honda engine anymore.

Just wondering if the LS was still good.

Back