STI top speed? Not impressive.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovcrash

Hi,

A guy at work has a 03 Subaru STi. He did a Top speed check, with is handheld GPS, and he got 236 KM/H (146.64 mph) of top speed. for a 300HP car i think that's not really impressive. And other people have numbers on the STi top speed???

LOL and you give a shit because?......buy a Cobra or Z06 if you want to do top speed runs and sell the STi to someone who knows how to use it properly.

:werd: :withstupid: :gives:

its not a "top speed" car... its computer limited at 147mph... if you were to go all the way to redline in top gear you would be at about 175mph (is that a little better for you?)

just about every car now a days has a speed limiter. im sure it can be reprogrammed like every other car.

Ok, let's get clear. I'm not saying that's not good. Or it's a bad car..bla bla bla.. i'm saying that for a 300HP car, it does only 236KM/H. I bet cars that have the same HP push more Top speed then this??

There's no dout(sp?) that this car in, salom or a S road would kill probably any car.

Why don't you see how fast it gets to 146.64 mph?

For that i know, that it would get really fast up to there.

alrighty buddy...for one, horsepower does not in anyway determine topspeed. gearing and the cars redline determine how fast the car can go (granted that is has no speed limiter)...i.e., you could have a 900 horsepower car with short short gears and a 5000 rpm redline and you would only do 100mph...then again, you could be like my friends crx, he could do 155 plus with a 119 horsepower d16a6, and a hf trans...it took him a LONG time to get up to those speeds though.

Originally posted by ovcrash+Aug 31 2004, 03:46 PM-->
...for a 300HP car i think that's not really impressive...
[post=384333]Quoted post[/post]​

ovcrash
@Aug 31 2004, 05:16 PM
.. i'm saying that for a 300HP car...
[post=384377]Quoted post[/post]​

it doesnt matter how much HP it has. it can have 98372984729384 HP and if the transmission and rev limiter are the same, the top speed wont change (neglecting air resistance of course).

Originally posted by mattcalica@Aug 31 2004, 04:23 PM
alrighty buddy...for one, horsepower does not in anyway determine topspeed. gearing and the cars redline determine how fast the car can go (granted that is has no speed limiter)...i.e., you could have a 900 horsepower car with short short gears and a 5000 rpm redline and you would only do 100mph...then again, you could be like my friends crx, he could do 155 plus with a 119 horsepower d16a6, and a hf trans...it took him a LONG time to get up to those speeds though.
[post=384380]Quoted post[/post]​

Wind resistance? B)

:werd: :withstupid:

Are you retarded, or did your dad breast feed you when you were a kid?

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Aug 31 2004, 09:04 PM-->
mattcalica
@Aug 31 2004, 04:23 PM
alrighty buddy...for one, horsepower does not in anyway determine topspeed.  gearing and the cars redline determine how fast the car can go (granted that is has no speed limiter)...i.e., you could have a 900 horsepower car with short short gears and a 5000 rpm redline and you would only do 100mph...then again, you could be like my friends crx, he could do 155 plus with a 119 horsepower d16a6, and a hf trans...it took him a LONG time to get up to those speeds though.

[post=384555]Quoted post[/post]​

Lactating man-boobs. :puke:

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Aug 31 2004, 11:04 PM-->
mattcalica
@Aug 31 2004, 04:23 PM
alrighty buddy...for one, horsepower does not in anyway determine topspeed.  gearing and the cars redline determine how fast the car can go (granted that is has no speed limiter)...i.e., you could have a 900 horsepower car with short short gears and a 5000 rpm redline and you would only do 100mph...then again, you could be like my friends crx, he could do 155 plus with a 119 horsepower d16a6, and a hf trans...it took him a LONG time to get up to those speeds though.

[post=384555]Quoted post[/post]​
wtf is your problem? I'm not some nooB that doesnt know what he's talking about, so dont go hating on me like i am one...

Hehe. It's so damn funny when kids get all pissed off at Honkey... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back