Stock looking exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

p0opyfacekilla

Can anyone help me out on this? All I can find are those exhausts with the huge tips and that is not what i'm looking for

Apexi World Sport?

Stock system with butterfly valve to dump exhaust straight from header when you feel like it?

:D

dynomax super turbo muffler. its a good performance muffler and not too loud, and looks 100% stock. i have one. inexpensive too! you can check it out at www.dynomax.com

old school RS*R before skunk2 became the importer. that was the shit. but good like finding one.
stock ITR cat back flows pretty good too- its not great for serious power- but it is more than enought to give your civic more flow

Originally posted by p0opyfacekilla@Dec 31 2002, 05:33 AM
haha :D that would be soo frickin loud n hilarious to see someone actually do it

It is,after my swap I broke some bolts on my exhaust so I just tied the end up and ran it straight out of the header.Got the meanest looks driving around town.

Originally posted by p0opyfacekilla@Dec 30 2002, 10:33 PM
haha :D that would be soo frickin loud n hilarious to see someone actually do it

I've seen it on a WRX at one of the Houston meets... it pulls up totally stock, sounds tame- them hit the switch and the valve dumps the exhaust straight out the downpipe.

Wicked.......

Originally posted by Calesta+Dec 31 2002, 04:31 AM-->
p0opyfacekilla
@Dec 30 2002, 10:33 PM

I've seen it on a WRX at one of the Houston meets... it pulls up totally stock, sounds tame- them hit the switch and the valve dumps the exhaust straight out the downpipe.

Wicked.......

ever hear an open header rotary??
ouch

but any way back to the question ... a custom exhaust will be your best option... other than that Apex WS or Comptech are good choices

Funny exhaust story, i hav enlarged piping all the way thru, but the dc headers is the best part, since my car is lowered it has caught a few bumps here and there and the bottom of the header has a bout a 4 inch gash in it, where exhaust gases just poor out, the catback muffler still gets sound out of it, but a considerable amount of gas is dumped right outta the header, i dotn really care bc im goin to turbo soon, but my only concern is back pressure issues, but so far nothin has gone wrong.

Originally posted by Integra1990@Jan 2 2003, 06:04 PM
Funny exhaust story, i hav enlarged piping all the way thru, but the dc headers is the best part, since my car is lowered it has caught a few bumps here and there and the bottom of the header has a bout a 4 inch gash in it, where exhaust gases just poor out, the catback muffler still gets sound out of it, but a considerable amount of gas is dumped right outta the header, i dotn really care bc im goin to turbo soon, but my only concern is back pressure issues, but so far nothin has gone wrong.

Just dont stay stoped with the car on too long. You might start to feel a little woozy and your head will :spin:

haha that thing is awesome i'm definitely gettin one of those

thanks for the input guys your help is very appreciated especially Calesta :worthy:

shit that thing is sweet but i'd never pass my smog tests :( only $135 too. anyway, it'd prolly get ripped right off on the first speed bump. ouch.

Mount it sideways so it doesn't go below the level of your current exhaust... and are you sure you wouldn't pass emissions with it? Do they look under your car?

o yea, it could be mounted sideways...but yea, sometimes they look. in fact, i think they always look under my car. maybe checking to make sure there isnt any cheating? damn smog tests.

Maybe- it might also be visual verification of no leaks and no removed catalytic converter. Ask the smog ref in your area if something like that would pass.

Dude, if u dont wanna go huge tips and still get loud sound, u can get a stock looking canister, that flow's alot better and looks stock, i have 1 on my car, it has 2 pipes like stock CRX Si, but they are a lil bigger but still fit in stock cutout. Also if u dont wanna get a loud sound, go mandrel bent the whole way back, it will sound tame up until like 6500 rpm when it will just light up. I love the sound of it b/c u can drive around town and freeway and not get blown away, but when u race it just screams. if u dont want any sound, id get a dynomax, raptor, or rhino muffler. they all have stock appearance and a lil sound but nothing to cry about. They also flow alot better than stock setup. I vote Pure mandrel bent the whole way, then maybe a small tip on the end but its ur call.

I put a cherry bomb on my ride with a turn down the entire thing is 57 inches from the header back .....That sob is loud but not as loud as when I used to run a straight pipe with a turn down ....I also have a custom peice that comes right out the passneger side for street use......Either way I love them both since you cant see them plus I get the most amount of hp from either one.....

mugen twin loop.

a friend of mine got it put on his Supercharged sol and it is amazing. sounds excellent and doesn't have a huge ass tip.. tucks up therr nicely

Back