Straaaange....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mattcalica

okay, i am having a little problem with my b16...my number 2 spark plug wire keeps popping out...like after i drive around a few minutes, i notice that my car is lagging, so i check under the hood, and the spark plug wire is popping out of the valve cover...not all the way out, but it is sticking out a good bit...anybody have any idea what the problem is? oh and these are brand new spark plug wires too, so its not the clips...

Are they OEM honda wires? If you think that the wires are ok, pull the plug out, see if it is messed up in any way.

Same thing that happened in my gsr. the #4 spark plug blew the fuck out and broke my carbon fiber wire conver in half. check the spark plug gaping. :(

sounds to me like your getting blow-by through the spark plug threads. check to see if the plug is tight. if it was overtightened in the first place then that could cause this also.

That's what I'm thinking. Something outside of bad fitting is going on. You can hold a sparkplug wire almost all of the way out of the head and the spark will still jump to the plug and fire. Sounds like it's bleeding off compression, there will be black/brown blow by in the tube if this is the case. You woould probably have heard the noise already though...

I've had the same thing happen on my car with NGK spark plug wires and NGK Irridium plugs. This is what I've come up with: I don't think that the plug snaps in perfectly with the wire, so I just took a little bit of silicon sealant and put around the flange where the valve cover meets the plug wire (on the outside of the flange so it wouldn't dribble down to the spark plug) I let the stuff dry overnight and checked the next day to see that the plug was secure before driving on it. Since then I haven't had any problems, which was 10 months ago.

Back