Stripped Oil Pan Nut. HELP ASAP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DwnShftPrincess

I have ONE stripped oil pan nut on a 96 Civic D16y8. It is the one of the corner nuts. GATOR SOCKET DOES NOT WORK! Does anyone have a suggestion. ASAP

Either try reshaping with a file to the next smallest size(pain in the ass but works), or vise grips.

try using a slightly smaller (size down) socket, say a 9mm or even a standard size that doesn't quite fit on the stripped nut. hopefully you have a cheap spare socket you could sacrafice. smash that fucker on there with a hammer and attach the rachet...should work, unless someine tightened you oil pan way past OEM specs! then replace ith a new bolt!

Got it loose, but ran into another problem with removing tranny. I posted it. Any assistance whould be appreciated. THANKS!!!

what problems are you having removing the tranny? 2 most common things to forgot are the lower dust sheild (since you have the oil pan off, its not going to apply to you) The other is the starter. The starter bolts go all the way into the engine block.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Aug 6 2005, 10:41 PM
what problems are you having removing the tranny? 2 most common things to forgot are the lower dust sheild (since you have the oil pan off, its not going to apply to you) The other is the starter. The starter bolts go all the way into the engine block.
[post=536763]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't know how to disconnect flywheel from the motor. Do i need to push between them?, is there a screw or soemthing???

Originally posted by DwnShftPrincess+Aug 6 2005, 08:42 PM-->
asmallsol
@Aug 6 2005, 10:41 PM
[post=536763]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't know how to disconnect flywheel from the motor. Do i need to push between them?, is there a screw or soemthing???
[post=536764]Quoted post[/post]​

if you have all of the bolts out, just shake it up and down while pulling on it

dumb question, but have you taken the pressure plate off the flywheel? Take the clutch/pressure plate off (they are 10mm 12 pointed bolts if I remember correctly) then once you take those off, there are 6-8 bolts connecting the tranny to the crank which are 17 mm 12 pointed bolts. As everyone has said, you need to put something in the way to stop it from spinning. You can stick a punch in one of the holes ment for the pressure plate bolts to keep it from spinning.

Back