Strut Placement correct??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spectacle

Mechanic was supposed to install camber kit today. Took off tire and saw this:

s3faac2c6b23a6.jpg

Said the first arrow is supposed to be down where the second arrow is and I should have it checked @ the shop that did the install for me. Just wanted to run it by you guys and see if I could get a second opinion. By the way that's Neuspeed sport spring on Tokico HP strut

give it a day. geez. and the first arrow is suppose to be inline with tehe second???? looks like if they were it wouldnt werk

looks fine to me, that is the bracket for the brake line to attach to, its supposed to be like that.

Originally posted by spectacle+Nov 8 2003, 06:53 PM-->
@Nov 9 2003, 02:52 AM
looks fine to me, that is the bracket for the brake line to attach to, its supposed to be like that.

not what some local folks thought...........

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/showthre...threadid=117151

my teins don't go all the way down to the lip. by how much i see sticking out of the bottom, it looks like it is in as far as it goes. does your other side not look like that?

i think its ok then. do what the people in forum said also, you can feel around the back for that tab that is suposed to go where the fork "squeezes" together, see if that tab is in there.

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Nov 9 2003, 03:18 AM
are they tockico illumina? they should go all the way down... but dont hold that statement against me.

tokico HP's on Neuspeed sports - illumina's are white

Loosen up the bolt in the back, and see for yourself if it goes down anymore. If not, then you know your answer.

Originally posted by HatchSpeeD@Nov 9 2003, 04:02 AM
Loosen up the bolt in the back, and see for yourself if it goes down anymore. If not, then you know your answer.

i'm not touchin shit. I'm takin it back to the shop that installed them. I paid them to do it, they're goin to fix it if it needs to be adjusted...

Back