Suggestions Please.....I have searched, need more

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

power2weight

Hi guys, I am new here. I have reached the end of the road with my old car, so I have picked up a 1991 Teg GS really cheap so I can build a fast, fun reliable car...sounds familiar :D

So, my Teg needs some work. The motor is a hack job rebuilt B18A that has the typical fluctuating idle, and it makes some mean noise in the morning as the oil pumps up to pressure. So, I consider this motor a write-off.....
Well, I already have a 14B turbo, Mitsu turbo outlet, DSM 450cc injectors, 31 x 6.5 x 3" FMIC, raw piping and various other parts. I will also be buying a SAFC II soon. I want some feedback about my motor choices, because I am not from the 4 cylinder Honda camp.. :spin: (I'm a refugee of the C series Honda V6's).

I want a newer motor, and I want to avoid a bottom end rebuild, so I know my boost levels need to be reasonable. I was thinking:

Buy a B18B LS from a low mile 1997+~ Integra, convert to OBD-0 and turbo this setup.

Buy a B18B LS and a JDM imported B16A (88-91) and part it out for the VTEC head and short geared cable tranny and make a LS VTEC hybrid.

Are these possible?? I have searched, but it is hard to find solid answers for my ideas. I don't want to pay over $3000 for a VTEC B18. I can get a newer B18B from a 97+ Teg for $900 and the JDM B16 swap for $1000...does that seem a better alternative to a complete VTEC B18 for over $3000?

Does someone have a link to any info I may have passed by in my search?? Any help is much appreciated.... :worthy:

Back