Super?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wallyxtreme

does anybody recomend putting a jackson supercharger in a sohc d16y7 engine? <_<

No,

A Jackson SC would run you somewhere in the neiborhood of 25 hundred. For that price you could do a engine swap. Assuming you went with the SC, after the install you would have about 140HP (brake), that's taking there claim of up to 40% more horsepower at face value. Now with the engine swap let's say you got a b16a2 (just thowing something out there), you would have 160HP. Even better you can now tune that engine, but I would think about Turbo before I SC, find a post by Pissedoffsol on this website he should have a link to a article with the pro's/con's of each.

oh, sorry sol doesn't have that on his profile after all, for should be able to find it in the backlog of the "Forced induction" forum. I think...

jesus, don't waste your time with that motor... i have the same one right now and i'm enjoying it for the 400 miles to a tank i'm getting... use that gas milage and save up for a new motor.

Originally posted by wallyxtreme@Jan 11 2003, 11:24 PM
does anybody recomend putting a jackson supercharger in a sohc d16y7 engine? <_<

If you like spending a lot of money and still being slow, then yes go for it.

Back