Supercharger Or Turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 4 2003, 01:07 AM
bring it :)

how did i know you were gonna say that? :lol:

lets see built GSR w/ more boost vrs. mild GSR w/ less boost, in almost the same car. lol you win.

i would have beat your LS/T though :D

i never said full boost 1000rpms.. i just said there is boost at 1000rpms.. as with turbo there is like NO boost at 1krpms... there is hardly any boost until about 3-4k rpms

taylor

Originally posted by TaylorC01@Mar 4 2003, 07:29 PM
i never said full boost 1000rpms.. i just said there is boost at 1000rpms.. as with turbo there is like NO boost at 1krpms... there is hardly any boost until about 3-4k rpms

taylor

I never said you said you had full boost at 1k. It depends on the size of the turbo. A small enough turbo, WILL have boost at 1k rpms. A big turbo, wont have any or very little boost at 1k rpms.

You can port your big ass turbo and it will spool faster. If you are in a turbo hater thing, jump the fuck off b/c until you know everything about turbos (which, i do NOT), then you can argue it. It depends on the setup. I can get a t4/60-1 to have full boost at 3500-4k if i wanted to.. Its how its setup.

I just thought about it.. i just fucking repeated myself if you would have read my goddamned post above.

i guess we'll never know since you ditched it. but you gotta admit, the setup is still nice for a supercharged setup. im not gonna get into a "my car is faster than yours" argument, itll be fast enough for me for a streetlegal car that can beat almost anything on the road.

i just realized i forgot to add a 55 (or so) shot of zex to my setup.

Ok sooooo. I am thinking of adding a jackson SC to my b18a1 LS set up. I do want a daily driver and I want about 275whp. Is this possible. I'm not going to take this car to the track. I was told the SC was better for controled and reliable boost, but if your going to race go turbo. However I don't want to race just want a little more power.

Go turbo! It'll be easier to make 275 with a turbo and you can always upgrade later if you decide to take it to the track. I doubt your going to reach your goals with a JRSC, the most I've seen is 245 on an H22 (which they say responds the best to the system and bolt ons) and that was at 9 pounds of boost.

Back