Superchargers available for a 95 Del Sol V-TEC?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FromRussiaWithLove

Anyone know of any superchargers made for a 95 Del Sol V-TEC? If possible could I use the Supercharger available for the 1999-2000 Civic Si?

If you are referring to the Vortech Supercharger for a 99-00 Si (B16A2) I believe it will work with the Del Sol VTEC (B16A3) the only thing different between the 2 engines is OBD1 and OBD2, other than that, they are exact same...hp, torque, bore, stroke, compression rate, etc...Why not go turbo tho, cheaper and IMO--better.

you can use the 99-00 Civic Si JRSC Supercharger kit...the only thing that is different on the two is where the power steering hose comes into play and you'll need to move it more out of the way.

Other than that it bolts right on.

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Oct 14 2002, 07:57 PM
...Why not go turbo tho, cheaper and IMO--better.

If the car is going to be driven like mine... mainly as zip-around-town, to-work-and-back kinda deal, a turbo would be a waste... all that power up high and never a chance to use it. :)

When I do my buildup, it will include a JRSC... for the extra punch off the line. Top end is useless when the next redlight is 50 yards ahead... but that extra torque comes in handy when you are in the right lane and you need to make a left at the next light and the guy next to you isn't cooperating. :D

Back