Suspension Fu!#ed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mech

Banned
Back when I didn't know much about suspension I decided it would be a good idea to buy some coil overs. I decided that I didn't need aftermarket struts. So intead my coilovers are bending at the bottom and one is actually splitting itself down the middle. I've gone through 4 struts. Not all the way around, but only on the front. The ride height was too low so I raised it up to a reasonable level(2.5 all around) my struts now handle the load but still cannot handle quick jolts in the road.(it won't bottom out it just makes a horrible sound like the top of the coill is hitting the fender. I'm thinking and hoping that springs will be the solution. I will aslo buy struts as well. The back of my car handles great though. I've got camber problem fixed. So what I want to know is, does anyone else have this same problem and does tghis sound like a better idea as apposed to just getting new coilovers. My tires also lock them selves up under very hard steering. I'm getting way to much understear. Why? will the springs and stuts help. I've got good tires.

You are having problems because your car is LOWERED 2.5 INCHES.

You said you had it even lower than that, and I'm sure that's caused damage to your shocks, mounts, possibly frame? Hopefully you'll be able to fix it with some new shocks that are made to support aftermarket springs, and hopefully you wont have any permanent damage.

Anything lower than 1.5 inches less than stock is asking for trouble.

i dont think being too low is the issue here, what coilovers did you get? they sound like garbage to me, get some new ones, maybe ground control and koni, or kyb agx.

Originally posted by B16@Feb 25 2003, 12:36 AM
i dont think being too low is the issue here, what coilovers did you get? they sound like garbage to me, get some new ones, maybe ground control and koni, or kyb agx.

werd. i am down well over 3" myself... i never had those kinds of problems. sounds like your parts are jsut garbage

Originally posted by Mech@Feb 24 2003, 12:27 PM
...my coilovers are bending at the bottom and one is actually splitting itself down the middle...

its your coilovers for sure. they are BEYOND junk. please get rid of them fast!

That's Pretty Much What I figured. I went and Bought some Sprint Springs the Other Day 2.5inch. They look real good. I got ripped on those coils though. I should have known they were bad when they first started flexing. Thanks

What about my wheels locking up under hard steering? The Coils Too?

I put the springs on today and it rides like a dream. It handles great and doesn't make any noises. Man, those coils must of been fukked

:eek: also, my panties are in an excruciating bunch! :eek:

-Mech, please, if you insist on me having my panties in a bunch, then why don't you tell them how much you love school and how every day at tea time you like to throw on your dress, high heels, bonet, bouquet, and skip around like a little school girl. Please, Iron your panties, mine ar fluffed.

Back