swap b18c5 help?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delsol-R

i swap jdm b18c5 type R to 95 sohc vtec delsol, i used the delsol harness and converson plug to odb2 so i can used jdm p73 ecu, i get everything run ok, but the check engine light was on , i also wired knock sensor ,but that doesn"t help. when i used the stock harness it two canon plug left extra, 1 is vtec pressure ,and 1 near by intake manifold , jdm b18c5 type r engine doesn"t help vtec pressure , can anyone tell me what i should do with vtec pressure or just please them out , and the canon plug in near by intake manifold what i need to do ,please help ?

its probably the IAT plug or that one just underneath the intake mani on the block. the IAT and that sensor underneath the IM have the same exact connector you have to look at the color of the wires and see if its the right one. my friend had the same problem on his B16 and it ended up being the IAT was switched cause on the stock civic ex harness the IAT is underneath the IM so it wasnt long enough and he didnt know you had to extend it.

thats my guess but you need to pull the codes on it to find out what the real problem is.

io just responded to your other post...

the jdm p73 won't look for a pressure switch, as its not on its native motor. the code is for the remianing plug.

if you have a plug left over, look on the motor for an open port. that, or two got swapped some where

io just responded to your other post...

the jdm p73 won't look for a pressure switch, as its not on its native motor. the code is for the remianing plug.

if you have a plug left over, look on the motor for an open port. that, or two got swapped some where
[post=512005]Quoted post[/post]​
i check the code is was number 9 , it seem like that code in the distributer ? it that right? anyone know what i should do ?

You used the DelSol harness on the ITR right? What did you change to plug it in? What about the distributor? CEL 9 is Cylinder Position Senosr Circuit. Pretty sure you have a wiring problem in that area.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 22 2005, 04:00 AM
You used the DelSol harness on the ITR right? What did you change to plug it in? What about the distributor? CEL 9 is Cylinder Position Senosr Circuit. Pretty sure you have a wiring problem in that area.
[post=515116]Quoted post[/post]​

yes , i think i may have wire up something wrong , but any of you guy know where i could get the print out for the plug ? any way the car now run so good just the check light done so i can get the idle good, thank so much with all you guy help , i love that type R motor i got. thank again you guy .

Back