SWAP CHOICES PLEASE HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

perkinskd4

Hello ive dealt with hondas for awhile now but nothing major and havent done a swap yet. I have extensive mechanical knowledge and know i can do it, but Before i go spending thousands on a car and on build parts, id like to get some advice from some people who have done swaps and have experience with these honda engines. Im going to get a 97-2000 civic hatch. Either a shell or a whole car depends on the deal. At my shop i have a wrecked 03 accord with a J series Vtec that runs like a champ. My origional idea was to pull this motor build it with forged internals and possibly turbo it. (i know its alot to fit in that small engine bay). But after some simple research it seems like forged parts and rebuild parts are hard to find for these engine series. The only motor mounts i could find was from Hasport for like $600. My other choice would be to buy either a B series or K series and build that (parts much easier to find). Id like to keep the whole car under 5,000 if i can. Any help would be appreciated.

for under 5K stay away from the J series. No way you can build and turbo that motor and fit it in a civic for under 5k.

if you are looking to get a car and a swap for under 5k you are looking at a B swap
i dont see a J or K swap being done correctly with that budget

B swap FTW! I love B series motors, I'm kinda biased though.

okay i see yeah even the bisimoto cam for the J series was $800! you can buy skunk 2 forged everything for around that haha Thanks for the input. Only reasoning behind the J was that i already have the engine, id have to go buy a B

B18C1 is the best swap in my opinion. As long as the motor isn't tired and old....it will be tons of fun and no need to build the internals.

JDM GSR motors are a good option too.

BSWAPS don't take major modifications and are simply easier.

sell the J, finance the B, give her the D :)

Back