Swap D17a1 For K20a2?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

racktech

Is it possible to swap a K20A2 into a 2000 Civic Type S with a D17A1 motor ? I can't seem to find any info about the possability of this swap.

TIA

it was done- but cost about 10 grand.... its really not worth it IMO. iVTEC motors are just too expensive right now

Originally posted by racktech@Jan 18 2003, 03:54 PM
Is it possible to swap a K20A2 into a 2000 Civic Type S with a D17A1 motor ? I can't seem to find any info about the possability of this swap.

TIA

civic type s??

All the new comers that ihave talked to have all told me, if i put the type s rsx motor in my civic, its a type s.. blah! stfu morons.. more to a type s then the motor and tranny. That is like when ppl drop in an ITR swap into a civic and claim its a civic type r..

Read the FAQ, they have a post about this swap into a Civic.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jan 19 2003, 05:21 AM
Read the FAQ, they have a post about this swap into a Civic.

Yes. I spent some time writing that post and including all the pictures... read up on it.

:readfaq:

Another option might be a K24. Although this motor does not have the power of the K20, it has quite a bit of torque. And it is certainly an improvement compared to the D17. It will also be cheaper and more plentiful than the K20 since it is found in more mainstream vehicles (base model 2003 Accords and all 2002+ CRVs). But I am not sure which transmission you will need.

Originally posted by StorminMatt@Jan 22 2003, 04:03 AM
...Another option might be a K24. Although this motor does not have the power of the K20, it has quite a bit of torque...

Stop encouraging people's foolish ideas.

Back