Swap in a Suzuki

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sameerb1

i dont know if this is the right place to post this thread...

I have a 1992 suzuki swift lying in garage with some small problems...for those reasons...i am thinking about swapping the engine...
i couldnt see anything better than a honda b series engine for the swap...am not sure about the compartment could hold a b series engine...but will try to fit one in if get help...now..i have some questions...i am aiming for 250hp...my basic questions are..

which engine should i opt for...b16 is dead expensive and difficult to find here...i am in the middle east
b18 is much easier...but i guess most of the b18's found here are b18A,...i guess those are the LS engines...ZC is also another very easy engine to find...d15 and d16 are also very cheap and very accessable..

which engine do you recommend me swapping to...and what are my easy options in reaching 250HP having in mind that in middle east we dont really have good mechanics and not enough IQ to do the engine swaps ourselves

put it in the junkyard. small problems solved.
honestly to swap a honda motor into that car would need alot of modification. but if you're worried about the cost of a b16a than you're not gunna like the cost of all the mods you'll need. first harness. than fuel lines probably. welding for the motor mount. exhaust because i'm sure the suzuki's wont mount. if you're gunna swap. go for the original motor. or stay in the suzuki area.

with the cost of a b16, i can get a whole of half cut front area of the integra...with dash, meters, engine, gears, axle and everything which come under the hood...the only thing i would buy is the fuel line i guess then...
my suzuki swift already has a 2.5" exhaust pipe, and if i buy the half cut, i will get the honda manifold already...so that's not the difficult part...if that's all i need to worry about...

u think Harness will be the most difficult part? because my understanding is, harness and mountings are the easiest one's ... the most difficult is how the axle will be joint to the gear...or am i missing something here?

can you weld? because you're gunna need to weld the motor mounts in. idk. u can look into it but it sounds like a pita

Dude. Suzuki swift engines are easy to find. Either rebuild the current engine, or sell the whole mess for scrap.

You won't like the ballpark estimate on cost. Even with the front clip, I'm figuring $3k for incidentals. You're going to need to figure out how to run the whole brake system, probably going to need a new exhaust, you're going to need to know how to weld, you're going to need a new rear suspension, you're going to need to strengthen the chassis majorly.

Well, now after thinking about it.... You're probably looking more at $5-6k, after the purchase of the front clip. Why not just buy the whole integra instead of a clip? Then you can drive it.

Do you have any clue what it's gonna take to get a B16 or B18 to 250 horses? You can't do it with bolt-on parts like a header or intake, you'll need a turbo kit. And if the price of a B16 is out of your budget, then I doubt you'll be able to afford it. Plus, you say there are no good mechanics or performance shops nearby? In order to make 250 horses you'll need access to a dyno and someone who can tune electronically. Since you don't have the funds or the tuning options, I'd say just forget this whole plan...

^i guess that's a good advice...i m dropping the plans for power and will go with cosmatics...make it look pretier...guess that's another way to win hearts with cars...wut yall say?

That sounds like a good plan. You can also do suspension work. Shocks and springs, sway bars, strut tower braces, etc., will make a difference in how your car handles, and are fairly easy do-it-yourself projects as long as you have jack stands a decent set of tools...

Back