Swap Into 90 Civic Hb Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bharris

I gotta 90 Civic Si HATCH and i wanna put a better engine in it. Iam trying to choose between B18 TYPE-R or H22A outta Prelude. Witch is better plus also considering witch is easier to INSTALL please give me some HELPFUL advice.......They both have 200hp but the H22 has 23 more lbs of torque....THANKS ALOT FOR THE HELP

Neither will be easy. They are both hydrolic tranny's. You will need a HASport cable/hydro converter. A mount kit. With the H22, it will be an extremely tight fit. You will doing some custom work on the fan/radiator area to keep it from overheating.

For the money of a Type R, and considering it is OBD2, you will have a wiring nightmare, a good 2 months. The H22, lose that thought also. It will be to much work, plus you need a good 2k or so for suspension upgrades to hold the weight.

The easiest and best would be a B16 SiR I and boost it. You can get a b16 SiR I with mounts and all for roughly 2k then about 3k to boost it. Now you are under the price of just the Type R motor and faster than one.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jan 26 2003, 03:13 PM
Neither will be easy. They are both hydrolic tranny's. You will need a HASport cable/hydro converter. A mount kit. With the H22, it will be an extremely tight fit. You will doing some custom work on the fan/radiator area to keep it from overheating.

For the money of a Type R, and considering it is OBD2, you will have a wiring nightmare, a good 2 months. The H22, lose that thought also. It will be to much work, plus you need a good 2k or so for suspension upgrades to hold the weight.

The easiest and best would be a B16 SiR I and boost it. You can get a b16 SiR I with mounts and all for roughly 2k then about 3k to boost it. Now you are under the price of just the Type R motor and faster than one.

thanks man...ill check that out then!!!

NO, no u dont want to boost an SiR, unless u like losing to LS/T, Sir are untorquey and u will b laughed at for the $$ u waist. either go B18c1 or get a B18a and LS/Vtec or LS/T, Sir/T is stupid. Read the post on LS/T vs Vtec/T and then ull C what i mean.

Back