Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JaeSun

i have plans to do a swap ... look for your input on which to get?

this is my plans:

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...t=ST&f=7&t=9502

itll be an EK hatch, and will be upgrading with turbo at the same time ....

so far, my ideas are (in order):

1. B18C1
2. B16A2 (from 99-00 Si)
3. B20/VTEC conversion

what do you think i should do? or any other ideas?

wtf? its only 2, and its not the same topic...this is about specifically the engine swap itself, while the other is a more general question dealing with more than just the engine swap ... at least i aint stupid to post about something in a forum thats doesnt have to do with the topic on hand

so:

:ufucktard:

if you want 1/4 go woth a h22
more torque
and solid deck handles power alot easier

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Mar 21 2003, 04:10 PM
if you want 1/4 go with a h22
more torque
and solid deck handles power alot easier

i was told to think about that also ... but i heard that the weight issues become a small problem .. (like, the front end gets really heavy, handling is lost somewhat, and have to beef the front suspension) .... and there isnt as much engine space left when the H22 is done?

im not all about 1/4, just a mix of them all, 1/4, top speed, auto-x ....

Originally posted by JaeSun@Mar 21 2003, 01:23 PM
i was told to think about that also ... but i heard that the weight issues become a small problem .. (like, the front end gets really heavy, handling is lost somewhat, and have to beef the front suspension) .... and there isnt as much engine space left when the H22 is done?

im not all about 1/4, just a mix of them all, 1/4, top speed, auto-x ....

-if you're planning on auto-x, drag, turbo...you better stick to getting the GSR swap.

-the B20/Vtec may be ok also but I don't know how well that hybrid is going to handle the f/i. any one else have any thoughts about this.

-if you're going to auto-x you may not want to go turbo.

ive read about someone doing the B20/VTEC turbo..with some other upgrades, he pushing 350HP at wheels at 12PSI ... read it in SCC a long time ago ..... but then again, he prob did alot of things .....

im more sticking toward the B18C1 .... if i werent gonna turbo, then id stick with a B18C5 and do a NA setup ... but id rather go turbo .... auto-x isnt a big thing, so im not gonna let that make my decision ...

but im thinking that the B18C has more potential for power and a little more stronger than the B16A2 from the 99-00 Si (i think its the B16A2) ?

Go with the B18C/LSD tranny, I pretty confident you'll find some autoX quality, and will be good for drag. For this kinda setup, you won't need a huge turbo, though it'll lag your speed alot. get some good suspension and steering components as well as stops. you surely need some tires though....good luck

soon i will have to find some places to do the install....i wanna get it ALL done at one time, engine buildup, swap, and turbo install ....

have any idea on prices? and good places? im in the las vegas area, but there aint nothing here....would be willing to take a drive to LA or SF ....

what do you mean itll lag my speed alot? you mean top end speed?

i believe there's one good place in vegas, try finding it....s'thin motorsports.....but building the motor, i say about 5000-6?????

Originally posted by viciousracing@Mar 21 2003, 05:07 PM
i believe there's one good place in vegas, try finding it....s'thin motorsports.....but building the motor, i say about 5000-6?????

ive heard of the place..right near chinatown here in vegas...but i seem to see more ricers come out than anything else ? maybe ill go check it out..wonder how their prices are ...

if you don't like it, COME TO CALI.....hehe, we got the bomb shit.

IMO, I think SoCal has the best shops. You always read about the featured cars in the magazines going to the shops out here. :D

haha...i was planning on it...so i could hit up some sites at the same time....hehe ...

well, i think the GSR swap itll be ....

Back