Swapping a D15B Vtec into my 90 CRX DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crex3

I will be installing a D15B Vtec into my 90 Honda CRX DX this summer and I was wondering besides the harness+ecu+ and vtec controller what else will I need and does any one have any suggestions on how to make this easy. Has anyone done this and ran into any problems? And how do I wire the vtec?? Thanks a lot!

You dont need a VTEC controller. Just use a 88-91 PR3 or PW0 ECU.

Wire the car for MPFI, then run wires for VTEC then put the engine in.

TO make hte swap easier use either the DX, Si, ZC CABLE tranny.

Where you located, if close enough I could offer some assistance.

I am located just south of Portland Maine. I thought I needed an P28 ecu, and where do i run the wires from for the vtec? I got an CRX SI tranny I will be using. Have you done this swap before???? Thanks.

Nope, but I've read articles and a friend of mine uses the PR3 for his D16Z6 swap.

the P28 is OBD1 which would require more work than necassary. when you get the motor use the DX harness and just add the wires you need.

So u think it would be easier rewiring my DX harness from dual injected to multi? then addin the vtec wires? And what kind of car is the PR3 out of? This ecu wont require me to get a controller? How so?

im running the pr3 on my z6 but the pr3 looks for knock sensor that my z6 dosent have and for some odd reason i never got the knock sensor code. But if you run a obd0 you need obd 0 injectors and dist. I think you can use your dx dist. but you need 88-91 crx si injectors or 90-91 integra injectors.

Originally posted by BseriesKllR@May 23 2004, 07:21 PM
im running the pr3 on my z6 but the pr3 looks for knock sensor that my z6 dosent have and for some odd reason i never got the knock sensor code. But if you run a obd0 you need obd 0 injectors and dist. I think you can use your dx dist. but you need 88-91 crx si injectors or 90-91 integra injectors.

Thanks, I forgot to mention that, thanks man.

Thanks for the input, how big our the CRX SI injectors? What is the knock sensor you tell me about, is it something I need or something I can get by without having. What vehicle does the pr3 come out of and is it worth gettin one chipped or just gettin a stock one for a little less. Thanks guys.

OBD0 Injectors are all the same flow rates I believe 240cc's
no clue on the knock sensor....
The PR3 has been covered it comes out of the SiR CRX/Civic from JAPAN.

ANother thought.......Should I rewire my DX dpfi to mpfi or just go and get a CRX SI harness?? How big of fuel injectors could I run without sacrificing fuel mileage? Thanks.

Quick question and a quick reply would be awesome. Will an Integra XSi obd0 harness work with this swap? It should right since it is mpfi and obo0. THANKS!!!!!

How much wiring needs to be done to convert my stock dx dpfi harness to a mpfi??? Is there any sites that explain this? Thanks guys!

Prob be less time consuming if I just spent the 40$ for the harness from my friend. Any tips on wiring vtec?

uhm you still have to add hte vtec wiring, and still have to run the unwired injectors, so why not do it that way? just wire everytihing?

uhm you still have to add hte vtec wiring, and still have to run the unwired injectors, so why not do it that way? just wire everytihing?

What do u mean by unwired injectors? Do i still need to run a resistor box and tps sensor?

Do you know any good web sites that have to do with the dpfi to mpfi? Ones that go into a little bit of depth or pics or something. Thanks a bunch I appreciate the info.

Originally posted by crex3@Jun 3 2004, 09:52 PM
Prob be less time consuming if I just spent the 40$ for the harness from my friend. Any tips on wiring vtec?

Just because you use the engine harness doesn't mean it will work. You HAVE to do changes in the ecu wiring. Buy his harness for the connectors and resistor box if you need them. Just keep your harness and spend two hours to change the wiring. It sounds hard but it isn't.

Back