T3/t4 Hybrid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

timEspeed

how is the t3/t4 combo made exactly? I know you take the t3 turbine and put it in the t4 housing, but is it that simple? What cars did these turbos run in? Is there a better turbo for hondas, i.e. a large volume at low psi, quick spooling unit?
thanx for all the help

posol

RETIRED
no- not at all.

the t3 is the exahust side, for quciker spool
the t4 is the compressor side, for more power potential.

so basically you get the spool time of a t3, with the power output potential of a t4.

a t3/t4 is not a small turbo, but not very big either.

what kinda goals/power numbers ar eyou looking to get out of what motor with what build

timEspeed

I'm looking at b20 VTEC for circle track use. I'm not so sure about turbo 'cause I need quick acceleration off turns. If i can find a FI setup (possibly SC) that will give me deccent acceleration with a higher average speed than NA, I'll run it. Dont worry about my block getting damaged, it'll be bullet proofed no matter what. This will run at both 1/8 and 1/2 mile tracks, i.e. equal length turns and straight aways. Last year a neon won the season championship, I think I can blow 'em outta the water

Domeskilla

Turbo wont get you fast acceleration off the corners. You would want to go with a supercharger for that. More specific, a roots style supercharger gives you instant response.

Turbo is better for top end, but you wont see much up and go off the corners.

for trach racing like that i def would go turbo. id run a t3/t4e at least. since its not a road course you will always be up in the rev range so lag shouldnt be a problem at all. on the straights itll be killer.