Tach Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

randerson165

In my 99 civic, I just had some work done (in my sig). When I get on it and then come to a stop, my idle is at like 3K. Why is this, then sometimes when I get on it again, the idle will come back. At other times, my idle will drop super fast and its almost like its going to die (it drops to like 500) and jumps up to 1100. What is going on ?

not sure, now i think my throttle is sticking. On my 5 hour journey tonight, I was shifting from 4th to 5th at about 4.5k and when I put the clutch in to shift, my engine was like on full throttle, but my foot wasn't on the gas. Sometimes it does this and only sticks around 3k but this time it was going all the way to like 8 and i let the clutch back out. So when it does this, I quickly press and depress the throttle and it seems to back down. What the hell ??

check the throtle cable to see if its stuck or getting stucksome where, if your engine flares up for no reason and keeps going till it red lines then there is leak in you intake manifold beyond the throtle plate
what model is your civic?

Back