taco's new ride!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

$300? Wow.....not bad at all!! Tire I see looks in great condition too!
And you sold a sub for $350 used? Unless it was a W7 in a box....you made out like a bandit there too!!

Drop that baby now! Have you thought about just straight springs (like 2-2.25" drop) and shocks? I would guess around $350-500 OTD)

Adjustables are great if you like adjusting......(and aligning every time) But why not drop it where you want and keep it there? Not like its snowing where you live lol

Last edited:
$300? Wow.....not bad at all!! Tire I see looks in great condition too!
And you sold a sub for $350 used? Unless it was a W7 in a box....you made out like a bandit there too!!

Drop that baby now! Have you thought about just straight springs (like 2-2.25" drop) and shocks? I would guess around $350-500 OTD)

Adjustables are great if you like adjusting......(and aligning every time) But why not drop it where you want and keep it there? Not like its snowing where you live lol

thanks CAL, I sold a 13w7 :lol: it has a scuff mark and was at least 7yrs old. It slammed and got my money's worth along time ago. :)

I did want to get springs and shocks but the last setup i did like that sucked. I had ....damn i just remembered i had skunk2 springs with fake (i think) kyb shocks. they rode like crap but had a real agressive stance.

I than had tockico blues with koni yellow on the rear and loved the way they handles bumps...It came with the crx i bought and decided to keep it that way. hmmm iuess its back to researching. I would love to be around the $350 budget.

100_0346.jpg

crx in the back ground with stock tires. i loved the way it handled. very good response and the shocks were plenty soft.
S7000212.jpg

I think the set up you desribed would be cool. i have 10yr+ old Neuspeeds (2.25") with KYB shocks. It rides strong....and rough.....and to be honest, I've never been in a Civic that rode great (maybe its my luck....probably not)

I would think the RSX would respond better (in terms of ride) with its size and weight in comparison to my EGg. I've drove and been in a few dropped Accords (Neuspeed) and they ride pretty nice around 2.25" but if you really want a little bit more cushy then go with adj shocks option (but add some $$)

Foot note: If you compare my EGg stock suspension/handling/shock travel integrity.....well...as we all know...its junk at stock height...sloppy P.O.S. lol

Eibach is cool but they lower less then 2" (from what I know) which if you're cool with it....sweet. It will ride better dropped under 2" anyways. If it was me.......springs now....wear out the OEM shocks until its time to change those. Unless you want it all now make a decision on shocks. And if you don't lower it a lot....camber kits wont be necessary.

hell yeah, and they havent made anything to top it either.

I thought S2's werent more than 2'' either. I always theought the average was 1.5 and 1.8 or something.

the had been sittingon those rims for almost a year. they moved here to tally and totalled the car they had (civic). he didnt care and i took full advantage. He did not hesitate at all when i gave him an offer. He wanted 400 on his CL ad.

Now if i can get paid i'll get some more parts...

I think what i'm gonna do is buy some eibachs springs and do what carfrog said, use the stock shocks until i can make up my mind.

Would stock shocks feel mushy? Is there a real significant difference in bumps like bottoming it out?

i put H&Rs on stock shocks for a little while. it was a good improvement. but you won't get the best out of them unless you use a stiffer shock.

i guess i could get that eiback tokico package. Its ALOT better than 850 ish for Skunk2 coilovers...

No Skunk2....haven't heard enough good things about them. I rolled on stock shocks for a while. You can tell when they go b/c the spring will travel when you hit a bump (like hydrolics bouncing)

I think what i'm gonna do is buy some eibachs springs and do what carfrog said, use the stock shocks until i can make up my mind.

Would stock shocks feel mushy? Is there a real significant difference in bumps like bottoming it out?

im interested in doing this as well. my fiancees RSX just has a little too much 4x4 stance going on. i was doing some research on the eibach springs and its seems the rsx guys dont like them because they make the rear look saggy (aka reverse rake). i was thinking about diong H&R sports with stock shocks and see how it goes.

your car does look nice with those Si wheels, but i feel like it would be even better if they were a little darker. like a darker silver, or maybe even black. regardless they look nice.

check out these Depo headlights I got really cheap on ebay, they would really set your car off. i was really impressed with the oem quality of these things.

blackhousingrsx001.jpg

blackhousingrsx003.jpg

blackhousing009.jpg

blackhousing010.jpg

Last edited:
i like contrast. Gunmetal is about the darkest i would go. I hate the look of cars with a black painted rims on black tires. ESPECIALLY black rotas....sooooo played out. but hey to each his own, i'm sure my taste is weird to some too.

i think i'm gonna leave them as is for now. thanks for the input on the eibachs. I REALLY like the aggressive stance with the front lower than the back.

I guess i'll look into H&R and tein.

Those wheels look really good on the RSX!
:werd: I think they look better on the RSX than the Civic.

your car does look nice with those Si wheels, but i feel like it would be even better if they were a little darker. like a darker silver, or maybe even black. regardless they look nice.
:withstupid:

I hate the look of cars with a black painted rims on black tires. ESPECIALLY black rotas....sooooo played out. but hey to each his own, i'm sure my taste is weird to some too.
:( I think mine looks good. I've liked black wheels with silver center caps since I was a kid seeing them on Muscle cars. My dad told me how they used to paint their rally wheels black and leave the center cap chrome so it looked like they were floating when driving. Thats why I like it, not the huge trend it became.

Back