temp gauge problem.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AHHVTEC

VIP
2000 civic hatch, with d16y8 obd2b, stock 2000 ex engine harness running obd1 p28. This is about to bug me to death, my temp gauge will work sometimes for a few days then it will start bouncing around then drop to cold and sometimes it wont work at all, replace all sensors/senders with new and even replaced 2 of them twice incase I got a bad new one. I unplugged the sender to gauge hand, 1 wire under the distrubtor, also unplugged it from cluster then I ran a hot wire to it under the hood then check it at the cluster plug to see if I was geeting fire all the way to it, and I was, so I then ran a new wire going from the sender straight to the back of the cluster where it plugs in at, and spliced it in, and it works correctly like this. but as soon as i put it back like stock it goes crazy again. any clue as to what the problem could be. ( sorry for the run on sentence lol )

I think it's possible that you have continuity issue in the stock harness. Makes sense because you ran a clean wire to the cluster and it was fine. Maybe use some Tesa tape or whatever it's called to just cover the new wire on top of the engine harness going into the cabin but maybe go through a different hole in the firewall.

I think it's possible that you have continuity issue in the stock harness. Makes sense because you ran a clean wire to the cluster and it was fine. Maybe use some Tesa tape or whatever it's called to just cover the new wire on top of the engine harness going into the cabin but maybe go through a different hole in the firewall.
yeah its starting to look like thats what ill have to do, ive been chasing wires for a week lol.
sounds like you have a break in the wire somewhere.
Well at first I thought that but after unplugging it and testing for fire I would think it would be good.

TeHee...

Check on the plug itself, that's usually the first spot to go

Figured it out, even tho it was making enough of a connection to light the test light, not enough to work the temp. it was in the wiring bulk head on the driver side tower.

Back