The NX, so far

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shipping seats is alot of $$

and a PITA

well, the dsm tracks were about 2 inches slimmer and 3 inches longer. you couldnt bolt them to the floor since the back of the seat would be angled forward and the front of the seat is about 3 inches from the floor.

what year's the NX?

I can find a USDM (mph) for a 2.0 and give you the number

91-92 is different than 93

also, if you're seriously considering swapping to the digital speedo, save this diagram somewhere (it'll make more sense when you have the two clusters side by side)

AnalogtoDigital.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
Where's the pics shit brick.

I refuse to look in the blog.

<3
It's comin, It's comin. The WRX is done in the shop 4 days ahead of schedule so I've been turning two wrenches at once to get the NX ready for the paint shop. Tonight more pics will go up, I promise (Because if I can't, I'm fucked)

Quoted post[/post]]
1st one.... YES!

2nd one...... NO! SELL THAT DAMN CAR!
The Subaru means less potential damage to the NX. As far as Turbo motor, No thanks. The Subaru will be a snow only car soon enough.

Quoted post[/post]]
what year's the NX?

I can find a USDM (mph) for a 2.0 and give you the number

91-92 is different than 93

Yeah, the Digital Dash is ok, but it's too lagged for performance driving. What I really want is the EDM / JDM Umbrella holder for the door jamb. Because I would modify it to hold a sawed off Mossberg 590 Marinecoat. So thanks for the offer, but the digital dash may not come at all (Especially if the lag is as bad as I hear it is).

-> s

<span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#FF0000"><span style="font-family:impact"><span style="color:#FF0000"><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"></span>BLOG IS UP !</span></span></span><span style="font-family:Impact"></span></span>

Those pictures of the driver and passenger floors are photoshoped... I dont believe for one second they have no rust. They came from the showroom floor with rust eating away at them.

pretty brakes... ad22vf? Pad those bitches up and some new lines... YAY FOR STOPING!

you have no idea what the difference on brakes until I get what I am putting on the pulsar to compare to what is on there now.... I think I have 7 inch single discs up front and 8 inch drums out back..... yea.... a slight incline causes some serious smoke at 50 mph....

and what wheels are you planning on running?

SPECIFICS!! I WANT THEM!!! NOW!

Brakes: Not sure. I still have much to learn myself about the systems and setups. The pads and rotors are in great shape, but the car has been dormant for more than 3 years, so they appear pretty rusty and bad.

Those are the floors dude. I didn't even take a shop rag to them ! If I get that carpet all the way out (I just zip-tied the two sides to get it out of the way) I'll be laying down some sound proofing. I was also thinking of bed liner spray (Odd, yeah.. but I have a Jeep to be my guinea pig). If not then I'm thinking of dynamat and of the high texture high abuse paint on the floor.

It has wiring conduits ! How NOVEL !

As far as wheels, and I'm sure I'll get groans, but I'm going for the Rota GT3 in black, 15x7 40 mm offset. I still have to measure that offset up to see if it will do the trick.

The wing is this sublime little number from an SE-R (I'm told). It's got the LED bar in it but I'll be sealing that over. It's the same roundness, but it's about 3" high versus the stock flat lip.

The front mask is getting the foglight holes cut (The plan as it stands) and then slit up the corners and I'm bringing the sides and front out about 2-4 degrees more. Shovel nosing.

Then the headlights are getting squinted down - but I'm not positive on where or how dramatic yet. I have to work up some templates.

Prowler's radar detector in the dash, some sort of double-din monstronsity in that 2.5 din hole, and the 92 Maxima single din cup holder in place of the ashtray and lighter.

The rear seat has it's cover off and it's getting a flat panel of textured pleather to match the sides. The door fabric panels are being pulled (Not yet) and replaced with that same pleather. The front seats (The DADs from the CRX to date) will remain cloth for now. The roof panel and trunk tonneau will be re surfaced in plush, but thin, carpet to match the DADs. All black.

The Motor will live life in 2 stages. First priority is that 5th gear pop-out issue. IT's really bad in this car. I would like to replace the gear with a longer highway gear (Which I want to talk to you about) and then seal it back up to remain with the car forever. The engine has 200,000 on it - so while it does run well now, I fear it'll detonate with mods. But I was thinking of bench flowing the head, installing a NISMO cam and crank scraper, then the SR20 valve stoppers (As our friend had in his S13 Drift Monster) Air intake, and that'll do this motor. Meanwhile, I'll spend a year with an SR20DET or VET on the stand slowly building her up awaiting the day the stock motor gives out. The Cam idea and head work is all hinged upon whether the NEOVVL swap is really worth it, or if it's not as dependable as VTEC or what. I understand you can build up an SR20DE to be an NA beast that runs like stock. So I'm not sure if my permanent plans are: Built SR20DE, SR20DET, SR20VET or what.

Whatcha think ?

sounds like a good plan, steve.

im buying hosmers wheels right now, if they dont work out (due to having no negative camber in the rear could possible make the tires hit the already rolled rear wheel fenders) possible you might want them?

Got a link ? And when did you roll your fenders ?

The VET is the type-R of nissan SR's

Very rare, very expensive...

the Neo-VVL's are also very nice motor's. Dependability should be decent considering the oldest VE's were built in 97.

Are they worth it?
Stock SR20DE - 140hp
SR16VE - 173hp 5 speed Manual 97-2001
SR16VE N1 - 197hp 5 speed Manual 97-98 (only about 500 of these exist)
SR20VE - 187hp CVT 6 speed Auto 97-2001
SR20VE - 204hp 6 speed Manual 2001-Present
SR20VET - 276hp AWD Turbo 2002-Present

Cost - $1000 - $4000...the average SR20VE is around $2000

Dunno what you're charging, but damn. I can get a crated 2000 Xtrail SR20VET for $1200 with harness, maybe even to my door.

the VET has been around longer than 97, and older generations of the motor proved to be neat, but weak. It's a complex series of machines and delicacies that rarely lasts into 50k miles without something major failing. And that's why it's rare.

As far as the 6 speed CVT, that list is obviously JDM. The 6 "speed" CVT was a Skyline / Gloria transmission that allowed the driver to set the shift points and profile curves. It was neat, but again delicate and not for the mass market. Nissan does a bunch of shit like that. Compare the ATESSA to the Prelude 4WS. the Prelude made it because it was stronger and safer. Then the Viscous Coupling AWD 240SXs and 300ZXs of 1990-91. There are.. what, 50 of those ?

Back