The time has come..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MthaFuknGreen

Green on the scene.
to register my car in my name.

the title was issued in oregon, and im registering it in california.
my mom says i need a bill of sale since im registering it out of state in addition to the title signed off by the previous owners. i have no idea how im supposed to contact the previous owners. i looked up both of their names on the white pages website and no luck.

what should i do?

im not sure but i think you atleast need a bill of sale...if you do not have the paperwork you have to go to the dmv in which state it was last registered,,
we just bought a R.I truck and live in CT and they made us go to R.I dmv for paperwork,,just to register in
CT

ive already got the paperwork.
the lady at the dmv said i just need to fill out the transfer paper, but my moms been doing dmv runs for years. shes worked for car dealerships for 20+ years and she says that the bitch doesnt know what shes talking about and when i go in to register my car, if i get someone that does know theyll want the 262.

A) Is it already in your name and you're registering it in Cali now? Or B) Is still in the previous owners name and you are now trying to put it in your name as well as registering it in Cali?

If it's choice A, the DMV lady is right. If B, your mom is right...

damn I thought from the title of this thread that you were shutting the fuck up or leaving.

I'm interested in how this one turns out, I'm actually in the same situation. I've got the title of my CRX, signed for transfer by the previous owner (and undated thankfully, since it was 3 years ago :ph34r:), but I haven't done it yet.

bill of sale is easy
take a piece of paper
write I (owners name) sold to (your name) one 1991 honda civic with a VIN#xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for $350 in as is condition.
Sellers signature ________ Date______
sign the name, match the date to title date

pay sales tax
done
you can make the amount an appropriate amount or the actual amount
whatever

Cali may be different, but all you need here is the signed title.
the bill of sale isnt even asked for.
all of the info they need is on the title, as long as its signed and filled out properly.

bill of sale is needed for sales tax purposes

and yes, i am implying that you forge their signatures
its the dmv and its coming from out of state
i think you'll be fine as long as you don't low ball the shit out of the price on the bill of sale

as-is on a bill of sale usually implies less than showroom condition to dmv agents

eh, the price is usually on the title.
i have registered cars and bikes in tn and fl, some with out of state titles and others in state.
any time i ask if they needed a bill of sale they told me no, that was basically my receipt for the purchase, that the amount to be taxed was on the title.

NY does not have sales price on title.
Didn't even know that was an option.
title would then serve as a bill of sale obviously

no price on the title.
i was gonna say i bought it for $100.
kbb is like 1500.
the transmission was going bad and it had a crack in the radiator.
does that sound fine?

When ever i've gone to the DMV, they just say 'right down what ever it's worth' lol. They really don't give a shit lol.

I don't think they really care. I said I got my car for $100 and the lady didn't even second look it just went on with her day. I think you will be fine it is a state job so the people working don't really want to do shit.

youre right. lol

does anyone know about how much its gonna cost to get the title registered in my name?
and slammed, what do you mean 30 days to transfer a title?
i dont get how it could take that long.

Back