Thinking about ditching the genesis...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B, you are the same way with cars as you are with women. Lol

Why you trying to pay more than 10k on a car anyways lol

Just save some money and get a s2k or a 350z and turbo that shit. Fuck warranty.

I mean if I had the money I would get the 2000 Teg i wanted, but now i just settled for less than I planned to because of the bills n shit piling up. I cant even afford to buy the Teg now, and have enough money left for everything. I'm about to get the Accord back for 1,400 and fix it up. It needs a little TLC but I'd say it's worth about 2,000. and this is the same car I had posted on Craigslist for 2500. I got the family hookup cuz she needs to pay off her title loan, which isnt much, It's just a better choice for me right now.

Last edited:
Yeah, seriously- S2000 or 350z. Light + nimble vs import muscle, same quarter mile... I've beaten the crap out of the S2k for 75k miles and it's over 100k now- no problems other than one coil pack at 80k ($40), TPS replacement (now, $65), and roughing up the timing chain tensioner (normal at this mileage, $0). It's not ridiculously fast, but it's always really damn entertaining. Every time I drive it, I still love it. Just keep feeding with a steady (but light) diet of tires, oil, gas and brake pads and it's super happy.

My primary suggestion:

Replace clutch - if I can do a pain in the ass FWD Mazda in one night in my driveway with crappy lighting and broken engine mounts threatening to drop it on my head and no lift, you can do a RWD car. MUCH easier.

Figure out what's going on with the detonation. It's probably injectors or spark plugs, something simple.

This is what I'd get in your price range:
E36 chassis 3 series with Vorshlag V8 swap (reliable, can be built for <$20k)
Miata
S2000
350z
RX-8
G35 sedan + stick (old roomie sold his cherry model for $14k)
VW GTI

dveit- I had some pretty big guys in my S2000 without any problems. 6'4" muscled out dudes fit pretty well.

I would NOT get a 335. Go look up fuel system problems. Not fun.

My vote is for the v8 e36. You should have never sold that 318 you dumped all that money into.

at your mileage, you shouldnt have to worry about plugs. but from what i see lots of gene owners with a mild bump have plug issues. we have lots of VT/geneT folks on our boards.

check your plugs...

I don't fit in s2k's. I've driven one. my legs don't fit between the steering wheel and the seat. I literally had to put my right leg OVER the wheel to get and out. lol

no interest in a corvette.

the e36 v8 looks bad ass, but i'll never get financing for a car that old (assuming buying one built) and I have little to no desire to build one myself.

I need some space, and a back seat is nice. the 350z is out, as is the Miata and rx8.

g35.... ehh.... they are everywhere and I think they are over-priced too. mabe I can find a decent 6 spd one with the track package.

manual, 100%.
drive wheels, i'm more open to... but id really prefer all/rear drive... with rear taking preference

What about an 09- AWD TL. They were available with a 6 speed manual. 305hp, manual trans, AWD, REALLY nice interior, tons of space, great stereo, Honda reliability. Just gotta get over the face. It can be fixed with a few mods.

Back