throttle body upgrade?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

they look the same to me
look at the bolt location on the bottom left, but if you want to believe they are all the same, i guess you are entitled to your opinion

Anyone have a link with throttle body sizes so that I can do some research on it as well. Found some stuff, but searching for throttle body returns 162196574986401653210465 results--that's a lot to shift through just to get some numbers...

in the pictures, the a6 throttle body bolt holes are different than the bottom two. it's the bottom left hole that isn't the same.

i've done tons of research on throttle bodies and i've read time and time again that the jdm b16a obd0 throttle body is 60mm. everybody that i talk to tells me the same. i'm not calling you a liar, i would just like to know of your proof. either way, i think i'll check out the one that's for sale by me and i'll measure it. do you just measure the inside top to bottom with a ruler? if it isn't 60mm, then i'll just get a gsr throttle body and do away with the firewall map sensor, i kinda wanted to do that anyways, just looks a little cleaner. thanks guys

apparently hes using a y8 manifold anyways.. so it doesnt really matter does it

. i should've stated that i'm using a y8 manifold from a 2000 civic ex obd2.

well what throttle body are you using?? is it the same one from the d16a6? if so, does all 4 bolts line up??

The Z6 TB looks like it'll interchange with the B-series one(maybe some of the OBD1/2 ones are interchangeable). Although, I know the D15B8 TB won't work on a D15B7.

in the pictures, the a6 throttle body bolt holes are different than the bottom two. it's the bottom left hole that isn't the same.

i've done tons of research on throttle bodies and i've read time and time again that the jdm b16a obd0 throttle body is 60mm. everybody that i talk to tells me the same. i'm not calling you a liar, i would just like to know of your proof. either way, i think i'll check out the one that's for sale by me and i'll measure it. do you just measure the inside top to bottom with a ruler? thanks guys

b16a SiR is obd0
b16a siR2 is obd1
https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/throttle-body-size-chart-29095/

Whether for your application, or a different one, I think this is a good piece of information for others doing builds or looking to upgrade. If TB's are interchangeable, then it could make selling, purchasing, repairing, and diagnosing problems much easier than we had thought.

I'll continue to search and see if I can come up with anything, not only for the OP, but for a future reference as well...

Anyone have a link with throttle body sizes so that I can do some research on it as well. Found some stuff, but searching for throttle body returns 162196574986401653210465 results--that's a lot to shift through just to get some numbers...

i typed in honda throttle body sizes and got a bunch of good links. here's one i've been looking at... https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/throttle-body-size-chart-29095/

yes... i've had the skunk2 pro series TB.. on the side of the box it showed it was for d,b,h, and f motors ... apparently not the a6 though

The D series would bolt onto a B--but it being a different size, would it hinder performance? For example, and OBD0 D-series TB on an OBD0 B18 IM.

yes... i've had the skunk2 pro series TB.. on the side of the box it showed it was for d,b,h, and f motors ... apparently not the a6 though
Skunk2.jpg

i was wondering too, what's the point of having the coolant lines running through the throttle body? seems like there's really no point to it at all except to make everything hotter? lol

i was wondering too, what's the point of having the coolant lines running through the throttle body? seems like there's really no point to it at all except to make everything hotter? lol
i figured it out. in colder climates, like up here in washington state where it's snowing and cold as hell right now, coolant flows through the throttle body to keep the butterfly valve from sticking. i'll just bypass it during the summer:D

It's for emissions. Warmer air actually helps fuel atomize better/cleaner combustion. Also, some TB's have a fast-idle valve there for cold starts.

I had issues with fitment I had an f22b2 throttle body on a d16y8 intake manifold. I just ended up sticking with the stock one.

Back