throttle body upgrade?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The bolt holes on the throttle body didn't line up with the intake manifold correctly.

i'll have to take my manifold with me when i go to grab a new throttle body

are the throttle body to intake manifold gaskets all exactly the same? or do i need to get a gasket specific to whatever throttle body i'm using?

and what's everybody talking about when they say you may need to plug the fast idle valve or whatever? thanks again guys

i know a b20b and b20z are b series and should fit, but has anybody encountered any problems using one? i'm just wondering since they're not as ordinary as using any other b series throttle body. should it just plug right in like most other units? i have one available at a great price. thanks

i know a b20b and b20z are b series and should fit, but has anybody encountered any problems using one? i'm just wondering since they're not as ordinary as using any other b series throttle body. should it just plug right in like most other units? i have one available at a great price. thanks
bump. i'll be using it on a y8 manifold. if anybody knows anything about it at all, please enlighten me. thanks

alright. thanks a lot. now it's between that throttle body and a obd2 gsr throttle body. is there any differences between obd1 and 2 throttle bodies? which is my best choice, the gsr or the b20b/z? thanks again you guys are a huge help

i'm telling you find an obd1 jdm b16 throttle body... only because the map isnt located on top of the throttle body like the GSR and B20 TBs

oh i know. i cant find one around my area though. that's why i'm looking for another throttle body. i can just extend the wires for the map sensor can't i?

alright i'll just do that then. i can leave the old map sensor on the firewall, but just not hooked up. and if i end up using another throttle body and need it, i can always just plug it right back in, just with longer wires for the plug.

what would you say the best way to extend them is? solder and heat shrink? or i've used butt connectors that are heat shrinkable and have a kind of glue on the inside that protects everything from water and whatnot. i liked using those and would prefer them if you agree

alright cool. that should be about it... for now anyways lol. i really appreciate all of your help, input, and advice. thanks a lot

another question. i'm probably going to be getting the gsr throttle body. will the throttle cable wheel, or whatever it's called, work fine? or will i have to use the one from my a6 throttle body? will they match up and bolt up perfectly? thanks

it's not going to make you any faster doing this 'upgrade' to your stock motor... you need supporting parts

it's not going to make you any faster doing this 'upgrade' to your stock motor... you need supporting parts

i agree. why not do the internals first, and get some gains, instead of using your money on things that wont benefit you until ya get those internals? if i'm not mistaken the throttle cable wheels are the same. give it a shot, see how it goes!

well see i'm doing mini me with my a6 block and a y8 head and manifold. since i'm going to have to get a different throttle body anyways because the a6 won't fit, i might as well find one that's gonna be better for me in the long run you know

Back